• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby "Signature Series" comic for sale...

120 posts in this topic

not disagreeing on it being fake and also consider who graded it, they'd say it's real even if it's done by a 1st grader using a crayon........just want to point out there are ditko sigs out there, remember reading on the boards a few yrs ago that he did 1 con meny yrs ago and that was it

not disagreeing on it being fake and also consider who graded it, they'd say it's real even if it's done by a 1st grader using a crayon........just want to point out there are ditko sigs out there, remember reading on the boards a few yrs ago that he did 1 con meny yrs ago and that was it

Thank you for pointing that out. I was not aware Ditko had done a convention with signings a few years back. Was CGC there to authenticate his signature?

Thank you for pointing that out. I was not aware Ditko had done a convention with signings a few years back. Was CGC there to authenticate his signature?

Just to clarify, he stated that a few years ago he heard that Ditko had done a con MANY years ago...

Ditko has not done a con in many years.

Just to clarify, he stated that a few years ago he heard that Ditko had done a con MANY years ago...

That's what I thought as well. (thumbs u It was probably before the inception of CGC and I'm pretty certain there are no CGC Ditko "signature series" books out there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I thought as well. (thumbs u It was probably before the inception of CGC and I'm pretty certain there are no CGC Ditko "signature series" books out there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right - there aren't any.

And there most certainly aren't any legit verified Ditko sig books from any other grading companies either :doh:

I have no issues with CGC's competition but I'm against any non-witnessed authentication program. All the major signature authenticators including Voldemort state in their disclaimers that the signature is in their opinion authentic.

Charlie :hi:

Problem is that this book isn't sitting in a "verified/authenticated" label slab - it's sitting in a PGX signature series slab which means they're claiming it was witnessed.

I have no issues with CGC's competition but I'm against any non-witnessed authentication program. All the major signature authenticators including Voldemort state in their disclaimers that the signature is in their opinion authentic.

Charlie :hi:

Problem is that this book isn't sitting in a "verified/authenticated" label slab - it's sitting in a PGX signature series slab which means they're claiming it was witnessed.

Missed that it was PGX. Well then, I'm not surprised. :hi: