• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby "Signature Series" comic for sale...

120 posts in this topic

He posted it because the McFarlane signature has many of the same wonky features that the PGX sig has - I assume.

Correct, looks pretty much the same as the other company one that people are saying is a fake.

Except the "T", "M" and "F" are all confidently drawn without break, hesitation mark, or wobble.

Which is what they were referring to...which would mean the difference between real and fake.

The T is what immediately threw me off on the PGX book.

He posted it because the McFarlane signature has many of the same wonky features that the PGX sig has - I assume.

Correct, looks pretty much the same as the other company one that people are saying is a fake.

Except the "T", "M" and "F" are all confidently drawn without break, hesitation mark, or wobble.

Which is what they were referring to...which would mean the difference between real and fake.

There is no question in my mind both of the PGX sigs were forged. The way the a goes into the r in McFarlane and the S into the T in Stan Lee are clearly not natural. TM does not like to use regular width sharpies, and that sharpie line looks exactly the same for both sigs.

That, and it's PGX.

There is no question in my mind both of the PGX sigs were forged. The way the a goes into the r in McFarlane and the S into the T in Stan Lee are clearly not natural. TM does not like to use regular width sharpies, and that sharpie line looks exactly the same for both sigs.

That, and it's PGX.

Yea, start at the label and work your way down. Or you just stop there, ha.

The start stops are methodical on the McFarland on the PGA where more ink has come out of the pen, too slow and deliberate whereas the Stan lee looks to be written by a much younger Stan. Just sayin

PGX has red flags

The start stops are methodical on the McFarland on the PGA where more ink has come out of the pen, too slow and deliberate whereas the Stan lee looks to be written by a much younger Stan. Just sayin

PGX has red flags

Wait, it says "McFarland"? That a pretty obvious clue right there!

I think maybe boardies on this thread are missing that there is more than one scam going on here with the Ditko signed ASM 9 and 31. Yes, the signatures are certainly fake. The listings appear to be fake as well. Both are on CL's exchange. Both are priced at $1. ONE DOLLAR. You can't even buy a book on CL for a buck. The minimum purchase is $40.

I think maybe entire thing is some sort of gag? Maybe the books don't even exist except as a bit of photoshop or sticking a book in a holder? IDK. But at a listed price of $1 on ComicLink's Exchange, this isn't a scam. It appears to be a gag.

I think maybe boardies on this thread are missing that there is more than one scam going on here with the Ditko signed ASM 9 and 31. Yes, the signatures are certainly fake. The listings appear to be fake as well. Both are on CL's exchange. Both are priced at $1. ONE DOLLAR. You can't even buy a book on CL for a buck. The minimum purchase is $40.

I think maybe entire thing is some sort of gag? Maybe the books don't even exist except as a bit of photoshop or sticking a book in a holder? IDK. But at a listed price of $1 on ComicLink's Exchange, this isn't a scam. It appears to be a gag.

link? I dont see it in Exchange for $1

link? I dont see it in Exchange for $1

Here are the links

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bspider-man%2B31%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1144175

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bspider-man%2B9%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1144176

Here is the entire CL page for ASM 31 on the exchange. The PGX Ditko signed one is there - at $1

http://www.comiclink.com/search.asp?where=sell&title=amazing+spider-man+9&GO2=GO&ItemType=CB

Here is the entire CL page for ASM 9 on the Exchange. PGX Ditko is there for $1

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bspider-man%2B9%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1144176

I've done screen grabs as well. I'll post them up in a bit after I've saved them to Photobucket

This thread has died out and I've thought about not commenting further. But I have asked around and received some answers those on the board might find interesting.

The listings on Comic Link were some sort of... joke, whatever. The books are no longer listed on the CL site. I think it is worth noting that these books were posted up on CL at the beginning of a three day weekend. Increasing their chances of staying up a while.

I called PGX. The person I spoke to (not Daniel) said he remembered the books. PGX did indeed slab and verify the signatures as legit... :facepalm: Said he believed the books came from a customer in Singapore :insane: I asked if Collector's Shangri-La still did the signature verification for PGX and he didn't know about that. hm

So I sent Collector's Shangri-La a message on Facebook. Surprise, surprise - they no longer authenticate for PGX and did not authenticate these two books being discussed.

So PGX is now verifying signatures in house. :roflmao: I wish I could think of something clever to say about this in closing.... But it's just so incredibly stupid that I'm at a loss for words...

Anyone know if the guy in Singapore is facilitating Ditko's next con appearance?

They need to get that Wally Wood signing out of the way first

But wait, I hear PGX has some Joe Shuster, Jerry Siegel, and Bob Kane signature series books coming out very soon! Look forward to them :wishluck:

Anyone know if the guy in Singapore is facilitating Ditko's next con appearance?

But wait, I hear PGX has some Joe Shuster, Jerry Siegel, and Bob Kane signature series books coming out very soon! Look forward to them :wishluck:

Outcault :wishluck::wishluck:

Outcault :wishluck::wishluck:

Heck, why not just claim that Superman, Batman, and the Yellow Kid signed them?