• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Same book or not ?

21 posts in this topic

I was looking at these two books this week and it struck me that these books might actually be the same book. So I have a couple questions for you GA geeks...

1. Do you think it is the same book ?

2. Which coloring do you think it has in hand?

3. Which coloring copy would YOU prefer ?

* in this thread I was hoping to stick to the 3 questions and not get into any "the book was pressed" topics

Here are the pics

IMG_8159_zpsinl9cerl.png

IMG_8158_zps84trgab7.png

Well the background colors look different, not sure if that is a photo thing.

That blunting on the bottom left corner looks similar but the bottom pic appears to have move spine roll since the "1" in 10 is less visible than in the first pic.

My answers:

1 - Maybe

2. - first one

3 - second one

There are distinctive small white dots of missing ink around the 'Weird Advs on Other Worlds... Universe of the Future' type in both images. Without a doubt the same book.

Another reason why I don't see paying any more for a 9.4 than a 9.2, especially with GA. Either way it's a sweet high grade copy, but all things considered I'd prefer it unpressed.

Same book, there is the same mark at the bottom of the spine, the 9.4 has been pressed and you can tell they added more red to the color, the label is key. Look at the differences there.

I like them both, I prefer the coloring on the 2nd, but the 1st looks more real.

I would say close but different. If the top was pressed into being the bottom one wouldn't the 1 in the price roll over more when the cover aligned better with the right side? The bottom one actually appears to be less than the top one. Also, I think the color was "juiced" a bit on the bottom one. I would also take the bottom one not because of the color or bigger number on the case but because I like the alignment of the cover on the right side. Although I would be happy to have either!

Same book, same white marks and right centering.

Same ding above the "H" in "the" and "w" in "World"( top of book) and bottom left corner of spine.

Scan is clearly darker on bottom scan. Just look at the labels.

The 9.4 scan has been juiced. I suspect it is the same book, and may have been pressed, which I mention because it may account for any tiny variations in alignment of the spine. Not certain there are any though!

I would lean towards these being the same book, but I'm not certain.

I do know that if I bought the 9.4 and ended up with a book that had the 9.2's coloring, I would be pretty disappointed.

Thanks guys for all the opinions and thoughts on the book.

I think it is the same book and pressing probably helped the bump.

Several have mentioned details to why they think it is the same.

The giveaway to me is below the bottom staple a small white color break, the crease is on both.

I think the color on the actual book is darker than the first scan and much lighter than the "juiced" one. Somewhere in the middle.

Just somewhat crazy the difference in a scan can make.

AFTER

Starting with the same scan and then a little photoshopping - stronger saturation, slightly darker...

Planet%20Comics%204%208.5b_zpswckgo0rp.jpg

Thanks for the two photos.

From the original photo from my beginning post I guess I am more surprised about the blue background saturation difference in the two pictures . Most of the time I see a stronger red amp kind of like your two pictures show. but to see this drastic a blue is odd.