• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watching on eBay

54 posts in this topic

Nothing showing on your link?

That's because international buyers can't see them and I don't ship internationally through eBay. Their "Global Shipping Service" is a scam and I won't play that game. Buyers shouldn't have to pay shipping twice.

Also, if you are trying to view from a mobile device, you might not see them. I've seen some have that happen to them, as well.

That's because international buyers can't see them and I don't ship internationally through eBay. Their "Global Shipping Service" is a scam and I won't play that game. Buyers shouldn't have to pay shipping twice.

Also, if you are trying to view from a mobile device, you might not see them. I've seen some have that happen to them, as well.

as a seller on ebay, you should be able to opt out of global shipping program so you can sell internationally. you may be losing quite a few sales without international buyers. look into opting out of it, many shops on ebay offer international shipping without the global rip off program.

as a seller on ebay, you should be able to opt out of global shipping program so you can sell internationally. you may be losing quite a few sales without international buyers. look into opting out of it, many shops on ebay offer international shipping without the global rip off program.

Sure, or international buyers can just contact me directly at the art gallery and we can work out a nice deal without eBay at all. Works out the same way. Sometimes, even better.

And, as I said before, I don't have an eBay store. Besides, even without international buyers on eBay, it doesn't seem to be stopping lots of others from watching (even if they aren't bidding).

Whether it makes sense to you or not, I think a few people have chimed in as to why they watch stuff and not bid. I do it just to get a good feel of comps. 99% of comic art I watch, I have no interest in bidding but to get a feel of prices. As to why an item is watched after it's ended, I don't intentionally watch after the auction is over. Sometimes I do when I want to go back and check the price when I a comparable is for sale. But the main reason is because you have to manually 'unwatch' an item so most of the time, I just leave the watch there even after it's ended

Whether it makes sense to you or not, I think a few people have chimed in as to why they watch stuff and not bid. I do it just to get a good feel of comps. 99% of comic art I watch, I have no interest in bidding but to get a feel of prices. As to why an item is watched after it's ended, I don't intentionally watch after the auction is over. Sometimes I do when I want to go back and check the price when I a comparable is for sale. But the main reason is because you have to manually 'unwatch' an item so most of the time, I just leave the watch there even after it's ended

^^

OzoAsWY.png

Thanks for links that I can actually access. (thumbs u

Prices don't seem unreasonable to me, though I'm not exactly best qualified to offer you an opinion (as my interests in OA are mostly pre-1970s stuff).

Prices don't seem unreasonable to me

Thank YOU. (thumbs u

while we are talking about selectively quoting messages....

Prices don't seem unreasonable to me, though I'm not exactly best qualified to offer you an opinion (as my interests in OA are mostly pre-1970s stuff).

Prices don't seem unreasonable to me

Thank YOU. (thumbs u

while we are talking about selectively quoting messages....

I thanked him for his honest opinion. Didn't know that was wrong. Learn something new every day, I guess.

So sorry I thanked you for your honest opinion, Terry. I didn't know it was offensive and wrong to do so. :blush:

Whether it makes sense to you or not, I think a few people have chimed in as to why they watch stuff and not bid.

Never said they didn't. Even thanked everyone for their input. Guess you missed that, huh?

The reasons I've been given, were ones I already had figured out on my own. I was trying to see if there was other reasons I wasn't figuring. Reasons that I could address and make them turn from watchers, into bidders. But I haven't seen anything like that. All the reasons given were pretty much ones I already surmised. And those are "you problems" I can do nothing about.

As to why an item is watched after it's ended, I don't intentionally watch after the auction is over. Sometimes I do when I want to go back and check the price when I a comparable is for sale. But the main reason is because you have to manually 'unwatch' an item so most of the time, I just leave the watch there even after it's ended

There's a little box at the top of your watched items marked "delete." Just check it and click the delete button and it deletes everything. No fuss, no muss. Takes almost no time or effort at all. Glad I could help you out. :)