• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stupidest Slabs you've come across.

28 posts in this topic

When I first looked at this thread, I thought the subject line said "stupidest SLOBS you've come across." I was going to say Hobgoblin.

1st " scumbag "...now "stupidest SLOB"?

You really got a hard-on for hobby. screwy.gif

Got a problem with that? confused-smiley-013.gif

You have taken your crusade against him to 3+ threads now. Very interesting. hi.gif

popcorn.gif

You want I should go for four? poke2.gif

Do what thou willst. Fun reading. popcorn.gif

Thanks for your blessing.

I aim to please. acclaim.gif

flowerred.gif

When I first looked at this thread, I thought the subject line said "stupidest SLOBS you've come across." I was going to say Hobgoblin.

You have taken your crusade against him to 3+ threads now. Very interesting. hi.gif

popcorn.gif

You want I should go for four? poke2.gif

Do what thou willst. Fun reading. popcorn.gif

Thanks for your blessing.

I aim to please. acclaim.gif

flowerred.gif

cloud9.gif

Isn't that the whole point of this thread? confused-smiley-013.gif I don't think anyone is slamming the books, just the fact that they were graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

Circular logic...stupidest slabs doesn't imply slamming the books? Maybe it's time for another toke on my bong insane.gif

Isn't that the whole point of this thread? confused-smiley-013.gif I don't think anyone is slamming the books, just the fact that they were graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

Circular logic...stupidest slabs doesn't imply slamming the books? Maybe it's time for another toke on my bong insane.gif

Not really. I don't think it's stupid to buy, own or sell low grade books (I have a ton myself), but it is kinda foolish to slab a mid-grade BA book isn't it?

Glad to see you are embracing the whole 4:20 spirit though. grin.gif The hippies will rejoice in their new convert. thumbsup2.gif

During my early days I sent in a few X-Men books that I figured would grade between 8.0 and 9.4. A couple of books were damaged during shipping to CGC, so I received a 5.5 on an X-Men #162, a 4.0 on and X-Men #106 and a 5.0 on X-Men #107. I gave the 162 away, and sold the other 2 on ebay together for $23. Things like this happen.

Oh yeah. I've been guilty of sending in books that I did not inspect close enough, including a Bronze spidey with a coupon clipped foreheadslap.gif

Once you waste a few submissions at $29 a pop you try to be more careful. But I've sent a few dogs in for some people, even after giving them my honest opinion on whether they should or should not have them slabbed. As long as that's what they wanna do, I'll send them in.

Maybe I do...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

See you in Chicago. sumo.gif

After reading Hobgobin's post to take advantage of the unsuspecting buyer, I think I understand your position.