• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's revive an old board tradition - Halloween Avatars

143 posts in this topic

Not sure if this will work but this a link to the video of our monster house. It has gone viral on Facebook with 275k views in under 48 hours and counting. My wife designed it herself and of course I was dragged in to help put it up. Now that it is successful it is my idea of course.

MonsterHouse_zpsjze8ye7d.jpg

Not really comic book or avatar related but thought I would sneak it in here. Turned out very well.

Wow! That's amazing!

The trick-or-treaters will be too scared to come to your door ;)

We plan on having the garage door up and sit in the garage and make them come in the monster's mouth to get some candy. Still working on getting a fog machine to make it extra scary.

Fantastic idea!

I have a hard time turning my clock back in my car every fall. Switching my avatar could be a big project for me. I'm trainwreck certified

Send me your password and I'll do it for you

:angel:

Crazy - monster house video just hit 5 million views on Facebook. That is a lot of candy if people show up.

5 million! That's amazing :applause:

I think you'll have to charge admission for those trick-or-treaters...

I've been trying for several days, but mine won't change when I try to upload it. I feel like my avatar has become the embodiment of "if you keep making that face, it's going to be stuck like that."

Any suggestions? I click the radio button, choose the file from my computer, upload it so that the thumbnail is showing up, then click "submit". It says my settings have been updated (it's not the file size, I don't think -- I was getting an error message before when my file was too large), but nothing changes. (shrug)

I've been trying for several days, but mine won't change when I try to upload it. I feel like my avatar has become the embodiment of "if you keep making that face, it's going to be stuck like that."

Any suggestions? I click the radio button, choose the file from my computer, upload it so that the thumbnail is showing up, then click "submit". It says my settings have been updated (it's not the file size, I don't think -- I was getting an error message before when my file was too large), but nothing changes. (shrug)

Change it and wait. I believe some avatars have to be approved and that takes time. I changed mine and nothing happened and then suddenly it was there.

Once uploaded, try clicking the refresh button in the address bar. That always works for me.

I was thinking of myself, but now that you mention it, maybe the other one - the demoncrat. :think:

Crazy - monster house video just hit 5 million views on Facebook. That is a lot of candy if people show up.

Damn thing went completely crazy and is slowly approaching 25 million views. You never know what will go viral.

Damn thing went completely crazy and is slowly approaching 25 million views. You never know what will go viral.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I've had a few FB friends share the link.