• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The OMAC Project <spoilers>

18 posts in this topic

Very cool read! I'm glad they are essentially continuing from the 80-pager (the Beetle's remains get fried! 893whatthe.gif). So I assume Brother Eye is Batman's survellience system - man, that dude has to know everything. Interesting seeing it turned back at him. What is the history of this system? I assume very few know about it, since the lead into issue #2 says the JLA gets involved and takes sides on this.

Anyway, great issue DC - I'll be in for all of this series! thumbsup2.gif

All-in-all, I enjoyed #1. I'll continue reading this mini at least. I like the fact that they incinerated the Blue Beetle's body. Less of a chance that he'll come back in 5 years. Less of a chance, mind you, not completely out the window. 27_laughing.gif

I don't know. Did you see his body incinerated? Is there a "Beetle Spirit" roaming the world now. Will Ted Kord be the new Spectre? And what does this have to do with that OMAC guy with the mohawk from the 70s? Nothing probably. Will we be seeing that kinky contortionist woman in the plastic box from the cover of #1?

Also, is this book short-printed? My LCS had a limit of 1 copy per customer, which they impose extremely rarely. I guess there's a 2nd print on the way already, but I figured that was DC milking a dead horse again.

Yeah, I wonder about whether it was short printed. Got to the 1st LCS 24 hours too late to get a copy. Gonna try another store that usually has more stock tomorrow.

Series sound interesting, but I do hope it's not too redundant with the previous Batman backfires(War Games & the earlier Justice League-I got plans to defeat everybody storyline). It seems it is PC right now to blame Batman. Is this simply an editorial choice or maybe a social shift from the grim/gritty stories. Seems like DC is stabbing themselves in the back with the new Batman: Year 1 movie coming out soon. You know, go see the movie and then pick up a current Batman book and find that every other DC character thinks he's nuts. I like Batman stories that show him "driven" but not insane or careless or just stupid.

In the last panel. the satellite sure looked like a Beetle device like all his others, so Im not sure Batman was responsible for it. Read to me like he only accessed it. But how crazy is it that the Batcave is under video surveillance!???? That really doesnt make sense.

also, didnt the bad guy say that Beetle wiped all their files? But two panels later it still knows every detail about everybody! So what got deleted? And cmon - - -no offsite backup systems for these heavily funded good/bad guys???

Seems like DC is stabbing themselves in the back with the new Batman: Year 1 movie coming out soon. You know, go see the movie and then pick up a current Batman book and find that every other DC character thinks he's nuts. I like Batman stories that show him "driven" but not insane or careless or just stupid.

yeah, sorta. But how much business did Marvel get by aligning Spidey to the movie after heads rolled in the last regime for "failing" to do so for XMen#1 movie?

I think its overrated to tie the current storykine to movies in hopes that movie fans excited by the character will be disappointed if the comics version is a "different" Batman. DC can point these new curious readers to countless trade paperbacks they can try where they can sit down and read an entire story in one shot. And theres a 1000 different Batmans to choose from.

In the last panel. the satellite sure looked like a Beetle device like all his others, so Im not sure Batman was responsible for it. Read to me like he only accessed it. But how crazy is it that the Batcave is under video surveillance!???? That really doesnt make sense.

also, didnt the bad guy say that Beetle wiped all their files? But two panels later it still knows every detail about everybody! So what got deleted? And cmon - - -no offsite backup systems for these heavily funded good/bad guys???

When Max Lord asks the computer in OP1 to show the known associates of Blue Beetle there's a picture of Batman and underneath his name, quite clearly, it reads "CREATOR".

yeah but the satellite was made by Kord Industries... Batman wrote the software in your case. CREATOR could only refer to the AI's intelligence, the software, or the computer's creator. The satellite is only a data gathering peripheral component of the computer. no?

Dell makes the computer. Bose makes the speakers. HP the scanner. Microsoft the software.

WHO would the computer call its CREATOR? Im not sure if its Dell or Microsoft in my soso analogy, but I am sure its NOT the scanner.

Yeah, I wonder about whether it was short printed. Got to the 1st LCS 24 hours too late to get a copy. Gonna try another store that usually has more stock tomorrow.

Series sound interesting, but I do hope it's not too redundant with the previous Batman backfires(War Games & the earlier Justice League-I got plans to defeat everybody storyline). It seems it is PC right now to blame Batman. Is this simply an editorial choice or maybe a social shift from the grim/gritty stories. Seems like DC is stabbing themselves in the back with the new Batman: Year 1 movie coming out soon. You know, go see the movie and then pick up a current Batman book and find that every other DC character thinks he's nuts. I like Batman stories that show him "driven" but not insane or careless or just stupid.

Agreed. It does seem like every major story arc for the past few years has pinpointed Batman as being rash, selfish, cruel, and emotionally unstable. Where is this going to lead? You'd have thought that the Fugitive arc would have been restorative, but War Games just went even farther in this direction. It is indeed getting a little annoying.

Agreed. It does seem like every major story arc for the past few years has pinpointed Batman as being rash, selfish, cruel, and emotionally unstable. Where is this going to lead? You'd have thought that the Fugitive arc would have been restorative, but War Games just went even farther in this direction. It is indeed getting a little annoying.

"Batman is upset, his mind has repressed the wiping it received from the JLA after he figured out what they did to Dr. Light," DiDio said. "Much of Batman’s strange behavior in the past few years - including his protocols on how to contain his fellow heroes - comes from his subconscious remembering and protecting himself from the other heroes. We deal with this in The OMAC Project and the JLA arc by Geoff Johns and Allan Heinberg."

"Batman is upset, his mind has repressed the wiping it received from the JLA after he figured out what they did to Dr. Light," DiDio said. "Much of Batman’s strange behavior in the past few years - including his protocols on how to contain his fellow heroes - comes from his subconscious remembering and protecting himself from the other heroes. We deal with this in The OMAC Project and the JLA arc by Geoff Johns and Allan Heinberg."

Great, does this mean we can get back to the Denny O'Neil style Batman after the Crisis is over?

Very cool read! I'm glad they are essentially continuing from the 80-pager (the Beetle's remains get fried! 893whatthe.gif). So I assume Brother Eye is Batman's survellience system - man, that dude has to know everything. Interesting seeing it turned back at him. What is the history of this system? I assume very few know about it, since the lead into issue #2 says the JLA gets involved and takes sides on this.

Anyway, great issue DC - I'll be in for all of this series! thumbsup2.gif

I really enjoyed this issue aswell, I'm getting quite excited about crisis (and strange as it seems I have no interest in House of M, haven't read any of the hype so I don't even know what it's about !!).

But I really like the feel to OMAC I love all the big conspriracy(sp) stuff going on, very 21st century.

I'm also really digging the Adam Strange mini - I'm surprised a thread hasn't been set up for this, might even get off my arse and do one myself 893whatthe.gif

Issue one of O.M.A.C was pretty darn good i thought.

I find it hard to swallow Max Lord as anything other than the comic relief that was early new JLA.

I hope when all this shakes out, there's a new Checkmate title.

kewlest secret org in comicdom.