• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art day -why do you do It?

33 posts in this topic

Saying "I got something new" with a link is a lame attempt at click-bait. The only thing it's missing is a line like, "You won't believe what they do in panel 6." or "This page is so shocking most doctors don't want you to see it." rantrant:baiting:

"Banned in 23 states. And Canada." lol;)

Funny! I tend to agree. If an image is not included in the thread and not much more than a CAF link I don’t find myself very inclined to jump to CAF as it does feel like “click bait” or someone who is looking to drive up views and/or comments. Exception: if is says Hulk – I will take the click bait! [/7quote]

As a relative newbie, I tried to post an image to a post but failed. Does anyone have a link explaining how to attach images on these posts?

place these tags

[/img]

around the web link to your art. No spaces - just the tags and the link. Most people use their CAF link but you can use the web link if the art is hosted elsewhere. Here is a thread with some images I posted. If you quote the post in the thread with the 2 pages, you can see the text for the links.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8924774#Post8924774

I agree with the comments made by all. I am fairly new to commenting in this forum but I've been checking out posts for a while now. I posted two 'art days' recently because I wanted to share my excitement and pride in some pickups. And yes, I posted a link to CAF so that those pieces could be viewed and didn't include pics in the respective CGC posts.

I think the whole point in posting anything in any forum is for it to be read or viewed by others. So it's not good, bad, or otherwise to have an Art Day.

But this thread has also brought to my attention the "new in your art collection this week" thread which I completely overlooked all this time. I'll start using that instead :)

P

Why do I do it ? Well, to have more people look at your art, of course.

Here you go: http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=160560

;)

-- edit --

Reading the next few posts about 'blank links' and 'clickbait' after the one I made here, here's an attempt to rectify the situation. Here's what on my CAF page (in no particular order) :

Dale Keown: PITT, Issue 13 - Cover

Jim Lee: Superman Unchained, Issue 1 - Page 28

Joe Madureira: Inhuman, Issue 2 - Cover A

Marc Silvestri: Ghost Rider, Issue 28 - Cover A+B

Stephen Platt: Soul Saga, Issue 1 - Page 8+9

Trevor Hairsine: Ultimate 6, Issue 4 - Page 11+12

I typically don't do an "art day" thread since most of my collection is niche and doesn't generate a whole lot of discussion.

Since this forum is a bit slower than most, with little clutter, 'art day' threads don't make much of a difference. But I think if you start one for a piece you are enthusiastic enough about to garner it's own thread, write a little something.

Saying "I got something new" with a link is a lame attempt at click-bait. The only thing it's missing is a line like, "You won't believe what they do in panel 6." or "This page is so shocking most doctors don't want you to see it." rantrant:baiting:

I agree. I don't mind clicking links at all if the poster tells you what's waiting. But if it is someone who won't tell you what it is in an attempt at click bait, I don't bother as it would not only usually be something not worth seeing in most cases, but also just seems desperate. Especially if done all the time.

I typically don't do an "art day" thread since most of my collection is niche and doesn't generate a whole lot of discussion.

Since this forum is a bit slower than most, with little clutter, 'art day' threads don't make much of a difference. But I think if you start one for a piece you are enthusiastic enough about to garner it's own thread, write a little something.

I agree. I don't mind clicking links at all if the poster tells you what's waiting. But if it is someone who won't tell you what it is in an attempt at click bait, I don't bother as it would not only usually be something not worth seeing in most cases, but also just seems desperate. Especially if done all the time.

Couldn't agree more.

Couldn't agree more.

Absolutely.

So true! Very annoying. I won't take the bait even if there is something in the very vague description that sounds like it might be interesting.

So true! Very annoying. I won't take the bait even if there is something in the very vague description that sounds like it might be interesting.

Well board member Mhoes just posted (in this very thread) a blind link - but I found a very nice Silvestri ghost rider double cover that I likely never would have seen. Mhoes if you read this - post some new art. The old stuff is great but how about stuff post 2014?

Well board member Mhoes just posted (in this very thread) a blind link - but I found a very nice Silvestri ghost rider double cover that I likely never would have seen. Mhoes if you read this - post some new art. The old stuff is great but how about stuff post 2014?

Hi, first of all sorry for posting a link without mentioning what art it links to: Ive edited the post to include descriptions of what's on my CAF page. Unfortunately, the art on my CAF page is all I have; there is nothing newer. Part of the reason for that is of course the available budget, part is that I'm really satisfied with what I have, and part is that I'm running out of wall space to display it on.

I don't do it often, but this was a piece that I felt deserving of a thread:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1359007

0u5sxExE_1911160926531gpadd.jpg

That piece deserves it. It's tremendous.