• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Collecting Icons: An Open Question

69 posts in this topic

We all know we have our comic book character legends. Spider-Man. Batman. Superman.

Entering what could be described as a second dimension, we have our comic book creator legends. Stan Lee. Jack Kirby. Steve Ditko. Neal Adams. Todd MacFarlene.

My question to you all tonight, is who do you consider to be our legends in the comic book collecting culture? Dealers, graders, collectors, journalists... Who will be mentioned when the time comes to write the history book on comic book collecting culture? Who has achieved fame or infamy through their actions in our hobby?

Don & Maggie Thompson

Roy Thomas

Susan Cicconi

Chuck Rozanski

Jerry Wiest

Mark Evanier

Bob Overstreet

All great picks. Who would you consider CGC boards greatest collecting icons?

My picks

Greggy

Comicdonna

Nearmint

GAtor

Bounty coder

Thirdgreenham

Bronze age fan

Makmorn

1koko

Jordysnordy

Junkdrawer

Bedrock

Cimm

I'm sure I'm leaving a few out, but these are my first thoughts.

Toys for TOT! :thumbsup:
I've been travelling for work and finally got home I was so beat I took a nap and slept for three hour now I'm awake and bought my first comic in months :preach:

About time you got back. Did you get a bear this year?

Toys for TOT! :thumbsup:
I've been travelling for work and finally got home I was so beat I took a nap and slept for three hour now I'm awake and bought my first comic in months :preach:

About time you got back. Did you get a bear this year?

I took one out 2 months ago with my old 30-30 marlin. It was only about 30 yards from my house. I would have just chased it away but there are lots of kids in my area and I was worried it would attack one of the children.