• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stop using photobucket, try these instead

42 posts in this topic

Are there any hosting sites that keep consistent URLs for each uploaded image like photobucket does?

For example after uploading 2 pictures I like having the location URLs to look like this:

www.photobucket.com/folder/summer2016/image1.jpg

www.photobucket.com/folder/summer2016/image2.jpg

I'm finding most all generate a random URL for each upload which adds some extra steps for some things I do with the images.

Thanks,

Ken

Wetakepic.com has consisent urls. The file name is part of the url, so your pics are easy to find.

Are there any hosting sites that keep consistent URLs for each uploaded image like photobucket does?

For example after uploading 2 pictures I like having the location URLs to look like this:

I'm finding most all generate a random URL for each upload which adds some extra steps for some things I do with the images.

Thanks,

Ken

Wetakepic.com has consisent urls. The file name is part of the url, so your pics are easy to find.

Its close, looks like the URL contains the date in it like below:

http://wetakepic.com/images/2016/10/27/image1.jpg

So looks like that will change day to day, unless i'm missing a setting somewhere. Its close and I'm curious how they resolve duplicate file names as there is nothing unique in the URL to indicate its under my account so if another user uploads the same file name on the same day the URL would be the same? Going to dig around more after I sober up a bit.

Thanks for the idea.

Thanks,

Ken

So looks like that will change day to day, unless i'm missing a setting somewhere. Its close and I'm curious how they resolve duplicate file names as there is nothing unique in the URL to indicate its under my account so if another user uploads the same file name on the same day the URL would be the same? Going to dig around more after I sober up a bit.

Thanks for the idea.

The url doesn't change. The date is the upload date and stays the same.

Thanks,

Ken

Thanks for the idea.

The url doesn't change. The date is the upload date and stays the same.

I realize the URL won't change for the image once its uploaded but I was looking for the "front" part of the URL to remain the same for all the images, so when I upload additional images at a later date only the image name portion of it would change. Looks like this is close but will always be different as you upload images on different dates. Search continues as Photobucket is slowing to a crawl these days.

Imgur doesn't work for me. Won't upload.

Sounds like a user problem.

lol

I see what you did there.

Hey, I did too! Neat!

I see you've come out of the Spoiler closet :hi:

lol

Hey, I did too! Neat!

You read them, spoilered or not, claims to the contrary notwithstanding. That's the important thing.

....see?

:cloud9:

lol

Hey, I did too! Neat!

You read them, spoilered or not, claims to the contrary notwithstanding. That's the important thing.

....see?

:cloud9:

I'm looking forward to your next innovation. First it was talking only in gremlins, then only in spoilers, what's next posting only in ancient sanskrit?

I could be unkind and say it's just different ways to garner attention, but I think it's probably much more deep rooted than that. I sincerely hope it's helping. Sincerely :foryou:

is Photobucket officially dead? haven't been able to log on to the site for two days

I was on for awhile about 30 mins ago and it was working fine, but now it's not responding.

I can't recall anything quite like this. A widely used site that's obviously not working properly and yet the people running it acknowledge nothing and, apparently, have no plan to fix it that they are willing to make public.

Really very odd.

I had been using Imgur for like a year before I realized it was basically a social networking site or web forum or whatever built around voting and commenting on the pictures hosted there. Had to set all the family pics to private. I go ahead and let them talk in my other pics though.

Couple of other options as well.

FTP Space all cable providers provide you free Web Space. You just need a upload to the site and your store files forever. I have ebay pics on my FTP site from 2004 still on there.

Imgur is my choice currently, but I think the max on a free account is like 3 of 400 pics.

Imgur ftw. Simple simple simple.

I'm starting to think PB really is in its death throes and I need to go elsewhere. hm

Do it. Imgur is great.

No kidding, I haven't been able to log in all week. It's terrible

Imgur ftw. Simple simple simple.

I'm starting to think PB really is in its death throes and I need to go elsewhere. hm

Do it. Imgur is great.

No kidding, I haven't been able to log in all week. It's terrible

It's weird. There appear to be no half measures with this site. Either it's great for you and works fine, or it doesn't work for others. Either way, Photobucket is about as much use as a chocolate coffee pot, so you just have to go elsewhere.