• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real or Fake.

24 posts in this topic

3D%20bill_zpspsithryu.jpg

From The MAD World of William M. Gaines "The magazine has twice run afoul of the F.B.I., the first time after running an Al Meglin article on board games. One of the games was called 'Draft Dodger' and offered players an official draft-dodger card by writing 'to J. Edgar Hoover.' After Hoover's office was deluged with mail, two clean-cut, most polite, most insistent F.B.I. men suggested that Mad strive to avoid adding to the bureau's problems. The second visit from the F.B.I. occurred after Mad printed a three-dollar bill. This bill, however, was proving effective when inserted in money-changing machines in Las Vegas." The Bufiles do not reference the three-dollar bill incident. The bill appeared in MAD #115, page 18, December 1967 in the article titled "MAD Mintlies". Note: Al Meglin is Nick Meglin's brother (MAD editorial staff member). Cited from: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/mad-three-dollar-bill.111430/