• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has everyone seen the new Superman picture?

54 posts in this topic

Routh looks too skinny in those tights. Last time I checked, Superman has muscles. Of course, Reeves was pretty lanky too. Could they not use an outfit that makes him look more muscular, like they have in Batman films?

The smaller image is definitely 'way dark. The full sized picture is just a little bit better.

I think the red should be bright red and not maroon - unless something in the production process is going to change what we see on the screen.

Larry

he doesn't look that super to me...

i'm glad they're not going the route of the giant latex suit like the batman movies...

maybe it's just a pic with a lack of context, but he doesn't say super to me...maybe a scene cgied around him holding a boulder or something...

What is the -script about?

Are they going the Smallville route? If so then the look makes sense.

Or perhaps this is the young Supes.. and he will grow as the movie grows?

The suit intself does look retro.. and not alltogether bad. That hi res pic shows alot of detail in the logo, boots and fabric.

As far as color scheme goes... who knows.

Ze-

What is the -script about?

Are they going the Smallville route? If so then the look makes sense.

Or perhaps this is the young Supes.. and he will grow as the movie grows?

The suit intself does look retro.. and not alltogether bad. That hi res pic shows alot of detail in the logo, boots and fabric.

As far as color scheme goes... who knows.

Ze-

I thought this movie was supposed to continue from the previous ones. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think the problem is the low-rise briefs...

normal_SupesHi_001.jpg

However, if that's the film set it looks like this is going to be a really retro movie. Maybe that evil scientist with the bird from the Max Fleicher cartoons will show up.

The movie picks up after Superman 2, as if 3 & 4 never happened. All I know is that when the movie begins, Superman has been missing for a period of time.

The article on C2F quotes Singer as saying they went a little darker blue on the costume, and much darker on the cape and boots. The chest insignia is a bit smaller and placed higher on the chest. The insignia has also been added to the belt buckle.

They talked about deciding not to augment the suit with plastic pieces like was done in the Batman movies.

The movie picks up after Superman 2, as if 3 & 4 never happened. All I know is that when the movie begins, Superman has been missing for a period of time.

The article on C2F quotes Singer as saying they went a little darker blue on the costume, and much darker on the cape and boots. The chest insignia is a bit smaller and placed higher on the chest. The insignia has also been added to the belt buckle.

They talked about deciding not to augment the suit with plastic pieces like was done in the Batman movies.

In my mind, Superman 3 & 4 never did happen. 27_laughing.gif