• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TurboLister RIP

20 posts in this topic

So it seems EBAY is going to finally put the old girl out to pasture come spring 2017.

Even with all the warts I'm going to miss it. It might have been slow and buggy but haven't found a better way to archive listings for the long term, change the format on a bunch of listings or bulk move listings from one ID to another.

Definitely had place in my toolbox and even though EBAY claims they are going to replace the functionally with some thing else I'm pretty sure this retirement is also a way to force sellers into a store subscriptions instead of losing their listing after the 90 day window expires on the ended ones.

Was free so can't complain, it lasted alot longer than I expected.

RIP TurboLister

Turbo Lister no longer supported after June 2017

As all key Turbo Lister functionality will be made available in Seller Hub, eBay will discontinue support for Turbo Lister after June 2017. Seller Hub already enables you to create professional, quality listings, and upload and manage listings in bulk. More improvements to Seller Hub’s listing process are coming soon, with a focus on addressing seller feedback and adding capabilities for sellers who use Turbo Lister today. Send your feedback on Seller Hub listings capabilities to DL-eBay-SH-Listings-Feedback@ebay.com.

The above is from the Fall update. I have a feeling many of things I use it for are not a priority for Ebay (ie, archiving listings, moving listings between IDs etc.)

Hopefully something comes along to replace it but not holding breath.

Retiring something without replacing it is kinda stupid....unless they're pushing you to some kind of service that will support that functionality. It sounds like they're officially saying goodbye to the small timers that made em what they are.

This sucks. Seller hub is cute, but I just don't see them doing nearly everything TL can do in the hub.

Are they going to archive my images and listings forever? let me setup templates?

As other said, it's slow and can be buggy, but it's the only way I even know how to make listings anymore.

This sucks. Seller hub is cute, but I just don't see them doing nearly everything TL can do in the hub.

Are they going to archive my images and listings forever? let me setup templates?

As other said, it's slow and can be buggy, but it's the only way I even know how to make listings anymore.

Amen brother. Plus if you want to switch a jillion listings from fixed price to auction its the only way because it automatically moves the fixed price value into the starting price value of the auction. Sad times.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Its simple and works well.

That's why eBay is getting rid of it.

They can't have that kind of nonsense screwing up their plans to make eBay worse every year.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:03 PM, Domo Arigato said:
On 8/25/2017 at 7:56 PM, fastballspecial said:

Its simple and works well.

That's why eBay is getting rid of it.

They can't have that kind of nonsense screwing up their plans to make eBay worse every year.

Maybe they've been consulting with the CGC Board Forum provider..., (shrug)

You mean the company financially? Their stock has got pummeled last few days because someone was buying them out and 
then back out.

I all for any sort of site that can have the traffic. Amazon really is the only option, but your experience there is a lot better then mine. All I see are good TPB sales is that translating to good comic sales finally? 

Maybe FB in a year or two as well.

Edited by fastballspecial