• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Rarest Comic Book?
3 3

191 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2017 at 9:12 AM, Chadwick said:

None on the census, but not quite sure how rare it actually is:

NVsviCr.jpg

Well, it sounds as though somebody must have been paying atttention to you, as there are now 3 copies of this book in the census, with the following copy selling on CC for multiples to condition guide at a very strong final price point of $667:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/820335

arc11.230a.jpg

Edited by lou_fine

I’m always surprised how affordable old Archies are considering I never see them anywhere anymore. I am old enough to remember not buying them when the quarter boxes were full of them and then regretting it when they all disappeared

3 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

I’m always surprised how affordable old Archies are considering I never see them anywhere anymore. I am old enough to remember not buying them when the quarter boxes were full of them and then regretting it when they all disappeared

likewise with all the DC sci fi books-used to be no one cared or paid attn to them.  Those days are long gone and only getting goner.

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, kav said:
3 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

likewise with all the DC sci fi books-used to be no one cared or paid attn to them.  Those days are long gone and only getting goner.

How about all of the so-called "girlie" books which nobody would even want to touch with a 10-foot pole in the old days, but would happily bid huge multiples to condition guide for them in today's much more red hot focused marketplace.  hm  :flipbait:

5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

How about all of the so-called "girlie" books which nobody would even want to touch with a 10-foot pole in the old days, but would happily bid huge multiples to condition guide for them in today's much more red hot focused marketplace.  hm  :flipbait:

you mean like the romance books?  I can remember when GA romance books were essentially toilet papier (to quote george costanza's gf) - those days are long gone.  

1 minute ago, dupont2005 said:

I was too busy buying Image stuff and Wizard Magazine back then :cry:

I was smart-I was buying SA ASM-it was my main focus.  
However, I wasnt so smart-sold em all abt 8 years ago before prices went haywire.

34 minutes ago, kav said:
40 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

you mean like the romance books?  I can remember when GA romance books were essentially toilet papier (to quote george costanza's gf) - those days are long gone.  

Well, besides the now uber red hot GGA related cover books and the romance books which you mentioned, you would also have the career girl oriented books like Tessie the Typist, Nellie the Nurse which have sold for thousands of dollars, and in particular HTF books in grade like the early Millie the Models such as this particular copy here:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/millie-the-model-2-davis-crippen-d-copy-pedigree-atlas-marvel-1946-cgc-vf-80-off-white-pages/a/7177-93031.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Golden Age (1938-1955):Humor, Millie the Model #2 Davis Crippen ("D" Copy) Pedigree (Atlas/Marvel, 1946) CGC VF 8.0 Off-white pages....

Sold for something like almost $18K a couple of years ago in one of the Heritage Auctions.  :whatthe:

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, besides the now uber red hot GGA related cover books and the romance books which you mentioned, you would also have the career girl oriented books like Tessie the Typist, Nellie the Nurse which have sold for thousands of dollars, and in particular HTF books in grade like the early Millie the Models such as this particular copy here:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/millie-the-model-2-davis-crippen-d-copy-pedigree-atlas-marvel-1946-cgc-vf-80-off-white-pages/a/7177-93031.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Golden Age (1938-1955):Humor, Millie the Model #2 Davis Crippen ("D" Copy) Pedigree (Atlas/Marvel, 1946) CGC VF 8.0 Off-white pages....

Sold for something like almost $18K a couple of years ago in one of the Heritage Auctions.  :whatthe:

yeah them used to be throwaway books