• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic comics 3 suspense 3 mystery men1 take your pick!

56 posts in this topic

There is no doubt that Suspense 3 is the most expensive book, so naturally most folks will want it. But without knowing the prices and grades this poll is pretty unscientific.

I'll also take Suspense 3 if you are just giving them away.

Let's say 4.0 to 6.0 on both and if price was the same.

Your PM box no doubt overfloweth lol

lol! You know it sir!?

I can't even answer this question haha!! I'll try i would probably lean towards the 1st app of my man Dan Garret errrrr....Blue Beetle. Although Suspense 3 and Fantastic 3 have super neat all time covers. If it was just given to me i would take Suspense 3 though as it's worth the most and has one of the most iconic covers ever created. However so does Fantastic 3. Tough call though all great books. I would go with ALL 3 - final answer!!

There is no doubt that Suspense 3 is the most expensive book, so naturally most folks will want it. But without knowing the prices and grades this poll is pretty unscientific.

Are you sure the seller is on the up and up here as it sounds like what he is offering you does not make much sense?

You are saying that all 3 books are in approximately the same condition range and yet all 3 are being offered to you at the same price. You do realize that even at price guide levels, the Suspense 3 is valued at almost 5 times the Mystery Men 1. :gossip:

This is tantamount to a seller offering you equivalent graded copies of Action 1 and AMF 15 for the same price and then asking you which one of them you would take. :screwy:

Are you sure the seller is on the up and up here as it sounds like what he is offering you does not make much sense?

You are saying that all 3 books are in approximately the same condition range and yet all 3 are being offered to you at the same price. You do realize that even at price guide levels, the Suspense 3 is valued at almost 5 times the Mystery Men 1. :gossip:

This is tantamount to a seller offering you equivalent graded copies of Action 1 and AMF 15 for the same price and then asking you which one of them you would take. :screwy:

what I ment was is if value were the same which would you take!?

My question is...........which book would be better (not for investment but more for a centerpiece of my GA collection).

what I ment was is if value were the same which would you take!?

Well, if you are talking about centerpiece of your collection, then this implies a book that will visually displayed better as compared to your other choices. And since you are assuming that all 3 books have the same value (which does not actually reflect reality), then I would have to go with Fantastic 3 over the other 2 books.

Mystery Men 1 is the best by far out of the 3 from an actual interior content point of view. But since I am now thinking more from a visual display point of view, it's really the exterior cover image that would be the deciding factor for me here.

Clearly both Suspense 3 and Fantastic 3 have the classic covers, but the Fantastic would win out for me since I like both the colors and the finer details on that cover, more so then the cover image for the Suspense. :cloud9:

In additional, another key factor is that I consider the Fantastic 3 cover to be more of an original image concept as compared to the image concept for the Suspense 3. My personal opinion is that I feel the image concept for Suspense 3 is really just a better drawn and better executed remake by Alex Schomburg of the cover image done earlier by Charles Quinlan in Suspense 1. :ohm

#4 is the same scene as well.

Amazing that they basically used the same idea three times over the course of four covers :insane:

+1

Yes, but more so with Suspense 1 as you have the full moon and the more sinister darker night time colors, as opposed to the much brighter daytime colors with the Suspense 4 cover by L.B. Cole, which I feel is the weakest of the 3 covers. hm

I would go with Fantastic #3 because I like that cover the best of the 3. To me Suspense #3 has a good cover, but I think it's overhyped; I don't even think it would make my top 50 GA covers. I don't think the artwork on Fantastic #3 was perfect--Samson's body proportions and muscles don't look quite natural to me--but I still like it better than Suspense #3. I like Mystery Men #1 quite a bit, but it isn't that tough of a book, so you can always get a copy of that later. I don't know which one is the best investment, but I have a feeling that Suspense #3 has already topped out. It's current valuation is based partly on the fact that it was long considered rare, but many of us now know that it is more common than people used to think.