• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GOLD CONNECTIONS
16 16

27,465 posts in this topic

I'm miffed over something so I'd appreciate solid opinions on this. 

The opinion I don't want to hear, because I don't believe it is the reason, would be, "Because it's just not worth enough". 

Here's the question. M-G-M's Lassie #1 was On Shelf in May, 1950, and stayed on shelf a long time, with #2 not being available until November. 
It's the premiere issue of the series, has first appearances of Rocky, Ben, Mr. Lawrence. It's Lassie's 2nd appearance in comic books. 

Her first appearance was only months before, Adventures of Lassie, in a Red Heart dog food promotional, with 3 stories, but no boy owner. 
This is the rub. The promo comic only has like 7 on the census, and Lassie #1 only has 14. 

Why are the counts so low for a GA classic character #1 issue? The book is not sold a lot. 

Edited by Q.N.S.

On 9/9/2024 at 6:00 PM, Q.N.S. said:

I'm miffed over something so I'd appreciate solid opinions on this. 

The opinion I don't want to hear, because I don't believe it is the reason, would be, "Because it's just not worth enough". 

Here's the question. M-G-M's Lassie #1 was On Shelf in May, 1950, and stayed on shelf a long time, with #2 not being available until November. 
It's the premiere issue of the series, has first appearances of Rocky, Ben, Mr. Lawrence. It's Lassie's 2nd appearance in comic books. 

Her first appearance was only months before, Adventures of Lassie, in a Red Heart dog food promotional, with 3 stories, but no boy owner. 
This is the rub. The promo comic only has like 7 on the census, and Lassie #1 only has 14. 

Why are the counts so low for a GA classic character #1 issue? The book is not sold a lot. 

I guess the connection was off-register comic to off-topic post?

Off (topic) to on (faucet).

0104221414101.jpg