• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What other celebrities collect (or collected) comic books?

114 posts in this topic

Some celebs in the U.K. are heavily into comics - Jonathan Ross, Lenny Henry, Paul Gambaccini.......not that you guys would've heard of 'em.

I believe they showed "Chef" on PBS, so Americans might be familiar with Lenny Henry.

Jerry Buss, owner of the Lakers and the fabulous Forum. I used to see him at the SD Con years ago when it was at the old convention center. For the last ten years or so, an employee of his seeks out books on his want list. What a cool job that would be.

Ruben Blades is at the SD Con pretty much every year.

Someone mentioned that Dicaprio was looking at Silver Age slabs on preview night. He was definitely looking at Chris Foss' Golden Age slabs, as well.

We received an email query about comics with monsters driving outlandish cars from Joe Bob Briggs last week. (But it may not have been the real JBB.) I guess he's a celebrity now that he's in movies and not just writing about them.

Marc

Man I miss TNT's MONSTER VISION with Joe Bob Briggs. And yes he is into comics.

As a matter of fact a lot of the old TV horror hosts read comics.

For me they can dump SNL and bring back SATURDAY NIGHT DEAD with Stella. Much more funnier then what SNL has on now.

For the last ten years or so, an employee of his seeks out books on his want list.

That's kind of weird. confused.gif I am sure Buss's time is limited, but isn't finding the books generally as much, or more, fun as owning them?

For the last ten years or so, an employee of his seeks out books on his want list.

That's kind of weird. confused.gif I am sure Buss's time is limited, but isn't finding the books generally as much, or more, fun as owning them?

screwy.gif

screwy.gif

foreheadslap.gif

The guys from the band "Anthrax".

Rob Van Dam (pro wrestler) is into comics and even owns a comic shop.

Yeah, I read in a wrestling magazine that he has a room (at his home) showcasing some of his books from wall to wall.

I wonder if the pro wrestler Goldust reads comics...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I always figured you might be somewhat like him. Just imagine a guy with gold face paint and a gold jumpsuit on sitting at a pc scanning the cgc forums. ^-^

I wonder if the pro wrestler Goldust reads comics...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I always figured you might be somewhat like him. Just imagine a guy with gold face paint and a gold jumpsuit on sitting at a pc scanning the cgc forums. ^-^

I have no idea who he is or what he looks like, although I'm sure Chromium could sort out a picture with my face on his bod......

I have no idea who he is or what he looks like, although I'm sure Chromium could sort out a picture with my face on his bod......

Yes that does seem to be where his talents lie.....hm

for those who were wondering he is dustin rhodes(sp?) his father was dusty rhodes a quite famous guy from back in the day, and what bungholes at school used to call me :P, also, dunno if anyone mentioned, but 'The Hurricane' collects too i am fairly sure smile.gif