• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Marvel Team-Up #33

53 posts in this topic

What's the deal with Marvel Team-Up #33? When I completed my run of this title back in the 1980s, this was the last issue I found in the run cause every time I saw this issue it was miscut. I eventually ended up settling for a copy that was LESS miscut than the others I had seen. To this day I don't think I've seen one that was printed correctly. Anyone wanna impress me? Does a perfectly-printed copy exist???

My cases in point:

Current EBAY Auction

And here's another one where the seller is trying to hide 893naughty-thumb.gif the big white stripe at the top of the cover:

Another One

And here is the only other copy on eBay I can find as of today, and it has the white stripe on the top of the cover as well:

3rd Auction

nice copy - I don't recall ever seeing any cut correctly.

This is something I have long suspected, and I have been collecting for decades.

If, in fact, an extremely large portion of them are miscut, I would imagine a true high grade copy of one that is not miscut could bring quite a premium. There are many people who seek out the complete run of this title in high grade. To this day I still look for the comic in grade and without the miscut.

We should use this thread to track copies of this book as it appears on eBay to see if any copies appear that were cut correctly. We may discover that none are printed correctly. It will be that or, I suspect, that just a small percentage may appear that are cut correctly. Either way, attention on this book should provide some answers.

I know there are a ton of other bronze collectors out there, and I would love to hear their views on this.

Joe

I visited a shop a couple of weeks ago and it had deep runs of all the 70's "Marvel" series; they must have had 5-10 copies of most books in stock. I'll have to go back and check to see if any/alll had the same miscut.

Gimme a couple of days and I'll let ya know.

K

I visited a shop a couple of weeks ago and it had deep runs of all the 70's "Marvel" series; they must have had 5-10 copies of most books in stock. I'll have to go back and check to see if any/alll had the same miscut.

Gimme a couple of days and I'll let ya know.

K

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

If you think of it, try to count the number of issues you see and count how many are miscut / cut. At this point we have 0 cut correctly and 4 cut incorrectly (the 3 on eBay and the one in my collection). I am planning to do this at Wizard World Philly. I'd like to track at least 100 copies before drawing a conclusion about this comic.

Anyone else, please feel to tell us what your copies are like, and, if you have a correctly printed one, please scan it.

Joe

Here's a slabbed copy from Milehigh's store

blush.gif Interesting that is the first one I have seen that did not have a white strip at the top and I have two myself and they both have a white strip at the top. I remember looking for one that did not have that white top a few years back and was never able to find one. thumbsup2.gif

Here's a slabbed copy from Milehigh's store

blush.gif Interesting that is the first one I have seen that did not have a white strip at the top and I have two myself and they both have a white strip at the top. I remember looking for one that did not have that white top a few years back and was never able to find one. thumbsup2.gif

I feel your pain, brother!

But Greg is right: The white stripe is along the bottom and is also crooked. Therefore, this belongs on the side of the miscuts, although it is definitely one of the less-ugly miscuts...

Sooo...this puts the score at 0-13, correct? (add the Mile High plus the two in your collection)

Joe