• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO HAS THE GRETAEST COMICBOOK COLLECTION? GOLDEN AGE

148 posts in this topic

Probably a toss-up between the Dentist and Geppi. He might not have the Church Action 1 or Allentown Detective #27, but from what I`ve heard, the depth of Geppi`s collection is mindblowing.

If you add in non-comic stuff, it has to be Geppi, hands down, with all the Disney stuff, rings and other collectibles.

Probably a toss-up between the Dentist and Geppi. He might not have the Church Action 1 or Allentown Detective #27, but from what I`ve heard, the depth of Geppi`s collection is mindblowing.

If you add in non-comic stuff, it has to be Geppi, hands down, with all the Disney stuff, rings and other collectibles.

tth2;

Definitely no argument here from my point of view. Of course I've been inside the actual Diamond vault and it reminds of the final scene in the Raiders of the Last film. Shelves after shelves stacked with long boxes of HG GA books and pedigree runs. Like you said, can't forget about about all of the Barks paintings and character statues lining his office walls.

Definitely the biggest and most valuable comic related collection in the world by far, even though Dave has some of the crowning jewels.

i was referring to the greatest comicbbok [only collection..its dave aderson..steve sold alot of his jewels,,dave holds on to his..

Well, you`re the one that mentioned the batmobile and bat cycle and costumes and stuff that the Dentist owns as a reason why his collection is so great.

I think it`s still a toss-up. Geppi may have sold a lot of comics, but my understanding is that the amount of stuff he still has is awe-inspiring. Let`s not forget John Verzyl in all this discussion, having most of the Church Timely`s is not something to sneeze at.

I think it`s still a toss-up. Geppi may have sold a lot of comics, but my understanding is that the amount of stuff he still has is awe-inspiring. Let`s not forget John Verzyl in all this discussion, having most of the Church Timely`s is not something to sneeze at.

I've said this a couple of times before... for my money, having the best copies of the best books is what matters. Having the 1st, 1st(a) and probably 5th or 6th best individual books in one collection, especially when 1 and 1a are as amazing as they are... hail.gif

Keep in mind Verzyl has more than just the Timely MH runs. He actually has doubles (reading copies) of all the Timelys as well, along with a complete run of Atlas and Marvel in grade. He also has many other MH runs such as the Zip Comics and All American runs, not to mention other full runs of All Star, Flash Comics, Green Lantern and so on. One deal alone he did in the 80's consisted of over 1000 Edgar Church books! news.gif

I've seen just a small portion of his collection and it is staggering.

West

i would say verzyl is the top timely guy and anderson is the top d.c guy..

gary carter also has an impressive d.c collection

That

a) no one has seen in years, and

b) was "sold" to "Japanese collectors" a couple years back

For total value of comic and comic-related items in a collection, Geppi's would have to be up there with those other two. It might even exceed them in value -- if you include items like the Barks' paintings.

Personally, I'd be ecstatic to have half of what any of those guys have.

only comicbooks!

I'm not sure why we need to be a stickler about this. The primary reason that Barks paintings would fetch such huge prices is because of Barks' ties to the world of comics, thus making them comic-book items in my book. confused-smiley-013.gif

i would agree that if you want to count comicbooks and all comicbook related material,toys,artwork etc,it would be geppi no question..but strickly on a comic book level i would pick dave,thats all im saying..dave has not liquidated as much quality stuff[comicbooks]as geppi has..dave still has the BEST of everthing in the comicbook world..he dosnt sell it..