• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
8 8

948 posts in this topic

Just returned and am pleased to join the chorus of kudos.  I think I would have been satisfied had the movie consisted of the one Jennifer Garner line.  I was laughing so hard at that I missed the next 15 seconds or so of dialogue.  I cheered out loud for some of the cameos and they were very deftly handled.  The audience was delighted (7:30 pm showing, full theater).  I think having Jackman to play off of really helped Reynolds in this movie.  I do agree that he's playing the same character he seems to play in every movie, and in his TV ads and in his real life.  I also agree this was a send-off of the Fox years - as the mid-credits scene I think makes clear.  I suppose we could call it the "end of an era" but it will surprise me if Jackman and perhaps even some others never come back.  Great fun and well worth a second theater visit.

Went to a 9:30 pm showing with @Artboy99 @thehumantorch @piper and really enjoyed the movie. All of the VIP theatres were full tonight. I will be going with my family on the weekend. It was fun to have enough inside jokes that only comic fans would know, which made it easy to pick us out of the crowd as we laughed when others were silent. I also liked the tribute to the Fox Marvel movies during the credits. That was well done. I give this first viewing a 9/10.

On 7/31/2024 at 5:54 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

How on Earth can you be a comic fan and not care for that? I don't get that at all.

Very easily. To me that particular character didn't fit in with the rest. Was the costume comic accurate? Sure. Did it look great? To me, no. 

I know it's cliche, but I will really have a tough time accepting anyone but Hugh Jackman to play as Wolverine.  He is THE Wolverine!  I know we've seen multiple actors play the Hulk, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, etc.  But man, I just can't accept any other actor playing him. Such a perfect fit, going on for what 20+ years.

It was even better the second time!  The dialogue is so rapid fire that I missed some of the jokes the first time around! doh!

On 8/1/2024 at 1:33 AM, kimik said:

Went to a 9:30 pm showing with @Artboy99 @thehumantorch @piper and really enjoyed the movie. All of the VIP theatres were full tonight. I will be going with my family on the weekend. It was fun to have enough inside jokes that only comic fans would know, which made it easy to pick us out of the crowd as we laughed when others were silent. I also liked the tribute to the Fox Marvel movies during the credits. That was well done. I give this first viewing a 9/10.

Yes, good movie.  8/10 for me.  Considering I've never read a Deadpool comic I'd say the Deadpool movies are probably my favorite super hero movies.

On 8/1/2024 at 11:05 AM, Dark Knight said:

I know it's cliche, but I will really have a tough time accepting anyone but Hugh Jackman to play as Wolverine.  He is THE Wolverine!  I know we've seen multiple actors play the Hulk, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, etc.  But man, I just can't accept any other actor playing him. Such a perfect fit, going on for what 20+ years.

Agree 100%. He has set a high bar for whoever replaces him in that role. It will happen eventually as Father Time is undefeated.

On 8/1/2024 at 11:05 AM, Dark Knight said:

He was awesome as Wolverine - now, I can't say I'm an expert on the modern iteration of Wolvie, but if they choose to update Wolverine to fit the more modern written material, they may find someone who suits that just as good as Jackman. They did pretty well with him, considering he's nearly a foot taller than the ol' Canucklehead. But I've never considered that to be a gripe, just a minor detail to overlook - the rest of his appearance and affect is just about the best we were going to get from Hollywood.

On 8/1/2024 at 10:18 PM, Dr. Balls said:

He was awesome as Wolverine - now, I can't say I'm an expert on the modern iteration of Wolvie, but if they choose to update Wolverine to fit the more modern written material, they may find someone who suits that just as good as Jackman. They did pretty well with him, considering he's nearly a foot taller than the ol' Canucklehead. But I've never considered that to be a gripe, just a minor detail to overlook - the rest of his appearance and affect is just about the best we were going to get from Hollywood.

And he can sing !

Hugh is one of nicest actors you will ever meet. Met him on three different occasions in 2009 while he was performing on A Steady Rain on Broadway with Daniel Craig. He was kind enough to sign three X-books for me. Although, the last time he signed a book for me, he warned me, that, if I told anyone who would kill me. :eek:

On 8/1/2024 at 9:59 PM, mr_highgrade said:

Hugh is one of nicest actors you will ever meet. Met him on three different occasions in 2009 while he was performing on A Steady Rain on Broadway with Daniel Craig. He was kind enough to sign three X-books for me. Although, the last time he signed a book for me, he warned me, that, if I told anyone who would kill me. :eek:

Been nice knowing you.

On 7/28/2024 at 6:21 PM, Buzzetta said:

Ehhh

Ryan Reynolds is not so much playing "Deadpool" in so much as he is playing a heightened version of his public persona.  It isn't so much that he "know(s) the characters" in so much as he knows himself.   Don't get me wrong.  I loved this movie.  I really did and might go see it again.  However, Deadpool seems like an extension of the public personal of Reynolds himself.

Wanna see what I mean.  Take a Mint Mobile commercial that Reynolds is in, and then close your eyes.  Maybe it's Deadpool pitching a mobile phone or maybe Reynolds.   Either fits. 

Just watch "Waiting"  Deadpool 0.0