• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
8 8

945 posts in this topic

I was considering going to watch the film, of course. I have the previous two on Blu-ray. Unfortunately, I had the misfortune of slipping backwards on the staircase the previous afternoon and scraping my back and slicing a finger open. Luckily, I avoided breaking my coccyx, a painful injury, and one which I’ve seen victims sitting very uncomfortably with. Nonetheless, I am in a bit of discomfort, and perhaps it will make me look forward even more to watching this masterpiece in the near future.

On 7/27/2024 at 6:43 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I was considering going to watch the film, of course. I have the previous two on Blu-ray. Unfortunately, I had the misfortune of slipping backwards on the staircase the previous afternoon and scraping my back and slicing a finger open. Luckily, I avoided breaking my coccyx, a painful injury, and one which I’ve seen victims sitting very uncomfortably with. Nonetheless, I am in a bit of discomfort, and perhaps it will make me look forward even more to watching this masterpiece in the near future.

So sorry to hear this. Get better soon.

:foryou:

On 7/27/2024 at 8:59 AM, Azkaban said:

we really enjoyed it :whee: 8.5

Stars be damned! I love that folks here are giving the movie a comic grade.  VF+ An attractive movie with a moderate defect or several small defects. Sounds about right.

On 7/27/2024 at 10:30 AM, Strange Trip said:

Stars be damned! I love that folks here are giving the movie a comic grade.  VF+ An attractive movie with a moderate defect or several small defects. Sounds about right.

Someone noted these were PGX grades. So review your purchase closely in advance.

(:

On 7/27/2024 at 12:58 AM, ExNihilo said:

Digital Piracy's been a thing for 25 years now.  Films like Avatar and Infinity War still made heaps of money.  Piracy didn't kill The Marvels or Blue Beetle.  Poor writing did.

If anything, Digital Piracy might have a greater effect on smaller films that are borderline theater worthy.

I always felt that digital piracy allowed people who were never going to pay for your product use/see it anyway.

On 7/27/2024 at 6:43 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Geez! Sorry to hear this, man. Get well soon!

On 7/27/2024 at 11:47 AM, Bosco685 said:

So sorry to hear this. Get better soon.

:foryou:

Just a bit stiff. Planning on watching it week after next, when it’s a bit quieter.

Nonetheless, thanks everyone.

On 7/27/2024 at 12:35 PM, Bosco685 said:

R-Rated won't matter here from these early results. This feels like it will be huge.

Let's also be realistic.  "R" Rated does not carry the stigma nor the hesitation for parents to bring their kids to, as it did even twenty years ago. 

On 7/27/2024 at 4:47 PM, Buzzetta said:

Let's also be realistic.  "R" Rated does not carry the stigma nor the hesitation for parents to bring their kids to, as it did even twenty years ago. 

Based on the number of under 10 kids in the theater when I saw it last night, parents (at least here in NJ) are fine with their little ones hearing multiple F-bombs.