• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Art Con 2017
2 2

87 posts in this topic

Thanks for the pics DPJ.  The only issue I have is no prices on the art.  Everything on the wall looks great but you waste everyone's time, (including your own), if you don't have prices.  How hard is it to place a post it note with the price inside the mylar?

How was the new location?  The room smaller or larger than the previous location?

Thanks.

Cheers!

N.

This was my first one so I can't compare to prior years, but it was divided up into two rooms. The main room had Snyder, Romitaman, Wil-Gabriel, Moy and others. The other room was tiny and had a few smaller dealers with limited inventory. 

Overall it was much more of a reunion for local high end collectors than a place where product was looking to be sold. 

I forced myself to spend two hours looking at inventory just to feel like it was worth my drive, but saw nothing new in the inventory that I hadn't seen on the dealers sites many times before. 

1 hour ago, NelsonAI said:

Thanks for the pics DPJ.  The only issue I have is no prices on the art.  Everything on the wall looks great but you waste everyone's time, (including your own), if you don't have prices.  How hard is it to place a post it note with the price inside the mylar?

How was the new location?  The room smaller or larger than the previous location?

Thanks.

Cheers!

N.

Yea I know what you mean, Bechara for some reason only puts sticker price tags on things in his portfolios. A few of the wall items do have the prices written with pencil, but can't really be seen, or tell if they're recent.

I liked the new location since its only a few minutes drive for me, and had a lot more space this time with two different rooms. The first one was pretty large comparable to the old location, with the second room being smaller. The only thing I didn't like was that Anthony, and Burkey were set up in a location that let their wall pieces get hit with sun directly since they were in the part of the main room that had atrium windows for the wall, and ceiling.

I saw a few pieces I was interested that were in Bechara's portfolios if you want me to upload those too?

24 minutes ago, TheLostDreams said:

Ankur...from the photos you posted, which dealer had the wall display with the Sienkiewicz painting with Elektra holding her sai blades sandwiched between the McFarlane black costume spidey and Captain America cover?

Was actually a group of three collectors sharing a table. The Elektra was 40k.

51 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Was actually a group of three collectors sharing a table. The Elektra was 40k.

Thanks for the picks.  If you got any names/contacts for that booth please share.  The dr strange piece at the top really caught my attention.

But lots of great stuff to see.  

14 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Thanks for the picks.  If you got any names/contacts for that booth please share.  The dr strange piece at the top really caught my attention.

But lots of great stuff to see.  

I liked that too so I looked online

3648647.jpg

They butchered this on the final comic!

I honestly don't know their full names or contact info. Maybe Gene can chime in as he was set up next to them.

The Hughes Dr. Strange cover was 11k, but wasn't there later on in the day. Not sure if it was sold.