• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic You Want Most

105 posts in this topic

sma1.198a.jpg" width="300

I only offer this as a rather nice example of what I would eventually like...a full HG run of all the Quality Hero books. Preferbably Church books.

Actually, metropolis has about two dozen Church Quality books, all of which would set me back a total of somewhere north of $82,000 which is a skonch above my CC limits. Maybe if I sell a -script one day, they'll be mine... cloud9.gif Along with a full slate of readers, just because I could

Go on tell us.....you can play this game too smile.gif

As Punyhuman said, Fantastic Comics 3 in unrestored VG or better......but even in that grade it's a tall order. frown.gif

Since we all seem to be shooting for the moon here...I would like a set of the pre-Robin Detective Batman covers (except for 27, I won't get too crazy here grin.gif). I would also like a copy of Detective 18, the Eerie Avon 1-shot and Mask 1 and 2. Condition-wise I would be satisfied with 4.0 or better, restoration is fine. Maybe some day....but it will take a few thousand truckloads of those aluminum cans I pick up to make it happen. cloud9.gif

bumpit.gif

11 months later.... have you gotten the comic you want most? Or have your priorities changed? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm beginning to think Detective 31 will forever elude me. It's been going for double guide ($6K!) in unrestored Good, which is just too much. My other GA grails (Tec 33, Batman 1) are also out of reach price-wise.

So I may go for the holy grail of the SA.... Amazing Fantasy 15. Which I can afford in much nicer condition (Fine).

Go on tell us.....you can play this game too smile.gif

As Punyhuman said, Fantastic Comics 3 in unrestored VG or better......but even in that grade it's a tall order. frown.gif

i think it was back in 2000 i saw one of the 3 CGC unrestored copies on ebay! The grade was 1.5 and the seller wanted $1500! I remember talking to matt nelson about it via e-mail as i noticed nelson had bid on it and he wanted to restore it. I have wanted that book for years but the 1.5 copy was pretty beat up and i i passed on it ! I think the auction ended without a winner and i never saw it again!

well if I tell you, then everyone will want one... no, seriously,.. I've got two main books right now that I want, and they are not really that expensive, but for some reason I'm always just missing the boat... they are Action Comics # 43 and # 48, preferably in 6.0 or above w/decent page quality,.. I've seen the #48 on eBay several times all ungraded copies, and every single mother Fraggin' time, I've been outbid, and I bid pretty big too, the first one ended up at $3,000, and the last one I tried to get ended up at $1,675, I bid $1,650 frustrated.gif

and I've only seen the #43 once on eBay and someone poped the BIN quicky at $240.

but that's the cool thing about GA isn't it, if it was easy, it might get boring.

well if I tell you, then everyone will want one... no, seriously,.. I've got two main books right now that I want, and they are not really that expensive, but for some reason I'm always just missing the boat... they are Action Comics # 43 and # 48, preferably in 6.0 or above w/decent page quality,.. I've seen the #48 on eBay several times all ungraded copies, and every single mother Fraggin' time, I've been outbid, and I bid pretty big too, the first one ended up at $3,000, and the last one I tried to get ended up at $1,675, I bid $1,650 frustrated.gif

and I've only seen the #43 once on eBay and someone poped the BIN quicky at $240.

but that's the cool thing about GA isn't it, if it was easy, it might get boring.

I'm fairly new to GA collecting, but there comes a point for me where it's more annoying than interesting.

When the only copies that show up on eBay/CL are ridiculously overpriced and/or overgraded. When you search 20 GA dealer's sites and find maybe 2 and they are also dearly priced and have defects which you don't like. When one does show up on eBay in an actual auction, but the seller pulls it on the last day because it isn't attracting enough bids. Or they shill bid the auction up to the price they want for it.

It gets annoying.

End of sign-rantpost.gif

I'm fairly new to GA collecting, but there comes a point for me where it's more annoying than interesting.

When the only copies that show up on eBay/CL are ridiculously overpriced and/or overgraded. When you search 20 GA dealer's sites and find maybe 2 and they are also dearly priced and have defects which you don't like. When one does show up on eBay in an actual auction, but the seller pulls it on the last day because it isn't attracting enough bids. Or they shill bid the auction up to the price they want for it.

It gets annoying.

End of sign-rantpost.gif

I could not agree more....

I'd love a nice white paged Curator Spidey. Any Curator Spidey. Though, what I'd like before that, is to be able to afford a nice Curator Spidey.

After that, a Spidey 49 or 101 in NM-/NM. 49 is the highest issue I don't own, and my 101 is dogsh*t.

Still no Curator Spidey. Still no 49 or 101.

Did get a Curator DD though, which might have to hold me over for a long while.

The Pacific Coast Spidey 14 is my home PC wallpaper now.