• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine vs. Sabretooth Question ............

17 posts in this topic

This may be a real stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

Wolverine #10 claims to be the first Wolverine vs. Sabretooth story, yet it was published in 1989, whereas X-Men 212 and 213 were published in 1986, and feature Wolvie vs. Sabretooth.

Does the claim Wolvie #10 only mean it's the first "SOLO" Wolvie vs. Sabretooth?

Wolverine #10 claims to be the first Wolverine vs. Sabretooth story, yet it was published in 1989, whereas X-Men 212 and 213 were published in 1986, and feature Wolvie vs. Sabretooth.

Does the claim Wolvie #10 only mean it's the first "SOLO" Wolvie vs. Sabretooth?

Oy, always starting a new thread. Don't you have some fake Whitmans to go hock? poke2.gif

It's the first "in continuity" Wolverine vs. Sabertooth. As in, in terms of the Marvel timeline it's the first. It's not the first that hit the shelves here in the real world. That's one of the strangest notations in the guide to me.

It's the first "in continuity" Wolverine vs. Sabertooth. As in, in terms of the Marvel timeline it's the first. It's not the first that hit the shelves here in the real world. That's one of the strangest notations in the guide to me.

That is weird. That's the one thing I dislike about comics is the jumping around in time. So the Mutant Massacre happened before Wolverine #10?

Don't you have some fake Whitmans to go hock? poke2.gif

Um, no. screwy.gif

Don't you have someone else to troll?

Um, no. flowerred.gif

That's alright. The fact that quite a few people like to respond to my posts diligantly just makes me feel like they would become bored in my absence. cloud9.gif

Don't you have some fake Whitmans to go hock? poke2.gif

Um, no. screwy.gif

Don't you have someone else to troll?

Um, no. flowerred.gif

Tom, you should make a better effort! screwy.gif

Um, no. flowerred.gif

Tom, you should make a better effort! screwy.gif

I'll make a note of it...still not too bad for a fledgling attempt, no? You should troll someone in the GA forum for your next "test"!

Just a sideline comment, if I may...this match-up was the only good thing about the first X-Men movie, when they first meet on the road... headbang.gif

No, it means the story in #10 takes place years before Wolvie joined the X-Men.

No, it means the story in #10 takes place years before Wolvie joined the X-Men.

Okay. I really don't know much about the "Wolverine" series timeline. I don't know where that all fits in with the X-Men. I've only got a few issues of the series and haven't really read them (1, 2, 10, 75).

Just a sideline comment, if I may...this match-up was the only good thing about the first X-Men movie, when they first meet on the road... headbang.gif

Different opinion here, this scene was the first BAD thing about the movie. Fake fighting, the way they flew through the air looked low budget, etc.

Before that scene, with the bar fight in the cage and the scene with Wolvie popping out his two claws leaving the middle down, and the meeting with Rogue, etc. That was well acted and cool. thumbsup2.gif Then it gets all comic-booky (not that that is a bad thing though) with the cheesey looking fight with Sabretooth. stooges.gif

Different opinion here, this scene was the first BAD thing about the movie. Fake fighting, the way they flew through the air looked low budget, etc.

Before that scene, with the bar fight in the cage and the scene with Wolvie popping out his two claws leaving the middle down, and the meeting with Rogue, etc. That was well acted and cool. thumbsup2.gif Then it gets all comic-booky (not that that is a bad thing though) with the cheesey looking fight with Sabretooth. stooges.gif

Fights between mutants are a bit different then two humans slugging it out. gossip.gif