• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spawn Variants

102 posts in this topic

They've been doing so many variants/splits since 250. It's really getting old. I'm wondering if people are focusing on the black and whites so much that the typically boring colored versions will be a tad more desirable.

The non-B&W cover this month was pretty nice.

At least Larsen is done now.

Patrick

I agree with all of this! The variants have been ridiculous for a long time now.

And I do agree with your theory that the "regular" editions might be more desirable than the black and whites...just because fewer people are going after the regular editions.

I know from experience that it's actually tougher to find the color versions than the black and whites.

Anyone have a picture list of the variants for #185, not sure which one I have...

My registry set is almost complete...and I own ALL of the 185 variants.

You can see pictures and descriptions by visiting HERE .

Anyone have a picture list of the variants for #185, not sure which one I have...

I'm really digging this #185 b/w variant

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=827685

(thumbs u Thanks bud

According to this there are quite a few more variants, it does seem odd that there are so many 9.9s and 10.0s on that am I reading it right that there are 1200 CGC 10.0 of Spawn #185 Universal Sketch Cover

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=214857

It seems VERY weird that many of those variants have 600+ 10.0 grades.......

According to this there are quite a few more variants, it does seem odd that there are so many 9.9s and 10.0s on that am I reading it right that there are 1200 CGC 10.0 of Spawn #185 Universal Sketch Cover

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=214857

doh!

Uh....you guys are looking at the comic SCORE, not the census

doh!

Uh....you guys are looking at the comic SCORE, not the census

I had a good laugh at myself after reading that :(

Looking through DCBS, site isn't very user friendly, only see 2 spawn comics for #271 cover a and cover b. At a 1.99 each I'm guessing they aren't limited run variants but no real info on the cover b.

Those are normal variants available via Previews Catalog that any LCS can order. Alas, Previews Catalog doesn't show a picture or cover artist (likely still TBD) so DCBS can't really post more info. DCBS is strictly a Previews pre-order service. They would sometimes have retailer-exclusive variants but they do that quite rarely.

They're really good if you want to buy monthly readers at deep discount. Not so much if you're after exclusive variant covers.

If I'm after exclusive variants for spawn is frankies and the comic mint the only places to find those?

There's a recent thread in the Modern subforum re: retailers offering exclusive variants (good for new/upcoming variants).

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9675330

For back issues, there's your LCS, ebay, Midtown, LoneStar, etc.

if at some point you catch all of the variants, feel free to go back and get the early newsstand editions.

if at some point you catch all of the variants, feel free to go back and get the early newsstand editions.

Hahahaha I tried that once and gave up after a year of frustration.

I have a few CGC 9.8 newsstand editions but gave up once I started looking for Spawn #30 newsstand in 9.8 condition. I honestly don't think it exists.

***That cover is also one of the best McFarlane action figure ever made