• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spawn Variants

102 posts in this topic

228 is actually more rare than the 222 Kudranski variant but it seems to stay on eBay enough times to keep the price down. 222 had 350 copies. 228 had 300 copies

Those numbers are different from what I had heard, can you point me towards any sources or info please? Thanks

I remember reading the letters section of a Spawn comic just prior to 222 and the editor mentioned a number "fewer than 400" for the Kudranski variant.

I heard the 228 was a 1:100 variant.

228 was a 1:25 variant. Most of the B&W from around that time were 1:25. 228 had a distribution of 16k+, but that doesn't tell us how many variants were printed.

But where are you getting these print numbers? Image is actually publishing them somewhere?

The print numbers for 222 Kudranski were indeed discussed in the "letters to the editor" section of Spawn itself.

I also think you're mistaken about 228. I know that most of the variants were 1:25, but I'd bet a kidney that 228 is at least 1:100...it was "special."

I think the "letters" section in discussion was printed in issue 221 or maybe even 222 itself. The editor tells readers not to miss the Kudranski variant, which would see a print run of fewer than 400 copies...

that's if my memory is correct. I don't have a copy available nearby, but someone can fact check me on this.

This is the best I can do since Diamond likes to keep everything secret. I don't see why they can't be transparent about simple incentive ratios.

SPAWN #228 25 COPY MCFARLANE B&W INCV

DEC120587

By McFarlane, Todd. Artist Kudranski, Szymon. Cover by McFarlane, Todd. (NOTE: For very 25 copies ordered, retailers may order one Todd McFarlane B/W cover.)

http://www.hovistocose.it/cat/COMICS/COMPLETE/AllFamily/TM?filter_publ=IMAGE+COMICS&p=9

Normal selling price for a 1:25 from TFAW:

http://www.tfaw.com/Comics/Profile/Spawn-228-%28Variant-Cover-Edition%29___421421

eBay the eBay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SPAWN-228-1-25-BLACK-WHITE-SKETCH-ACTION-COMICS-HOMAGE-MCFARLANE-VARIANT-NM-/222240549258?hash=item33be91a98a:g:JHEAAOSwRgJXjNus

One other selling site as well.

I also think you're mistaken about 228. I know that most of the variants were 1:25, but I'd bet a kidney that 228 is at least 1:100...it was "special."

You might want to protect your kidneys better. lol

spawn228variant.jpg

Well, it's pretty hard to argue with Diamond.

There are always stem cells? :wishluck:

I can always grow another kidney in a petri dish, right?

Nobody said they were.

I wish that were true.. Four posts up states 500 print run... :(

The print numbers for 222 Kudranski were indeed discussed in the "letters to the editor" section of Spawn itself.

It's in #222

spawn_zpsokykvffo.jpg

Nobody said they were.

It's in #222

spawn_zpsokykvffo.jpg

Wow. Thanks for that.

Nobody said they were.

My claim was that the number was given by the editor of Spawn in the "letters to the editor" section of Spawn issue 221 or 222.

My statement can be easily verified.

As far as 228 - I never claimed a print number. I just said that it was my understanding it was a 1:100 incentive.

Nobody said they were.

It's in #222

spawn_zpsokykvffo.jpg

THANK YOU!

:applause:

Speaking of Spawn comics, what would be the best way for me to catch back up on the series. I mean there are a total of 268 current issues and the Spawn origins collection only goes to like issue #122 I think any way for me to get from like 1 to 268 online without have to pay for 268 books? I looked at comixology but they only have a limited number (issues 1-10) and Spawn Origins Collection Vol. 1 and 2. On the unlimited list. Anywhere else I can go that might have the whole series I can read for a monthly fee?

Speaking of Spawn comics, what would be the best way for me to catch back up on the series. I mean there are a total of 268 current issues and the Spawn origins collection only goes to like issue #122 I think any way for me to get from like 1 to 268 online without have to pay for 268 books? I looked at comixology but they only have a limited number (issues 1-10) and Spawn Origins Collection Vol. 1 and 2. On the unlimited list. Anywhere else I can go that might have the whole series I can read for a monthly fee?

http://www.readcomics.tv/

http://www.readcomics.tv/

Thank you very much.