• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So... Anyone going to talk about Black #3?

64 posts in this topic

Also, that guy on the end is DEFINITELY a thug. I seen a few...

Or it's someone dressed how they want to dress and that has nothing to do with who they are or what they do. Dude could be any number of things (including a "thug" or whatever code word we're using now) just like someone dressed like a crusty could be any number of things besides a tramp or an oogle. You literally have NO idea.

...Someone being shot with their hands up didnt happen and was a lie, hence propaganda...

You're really telling people that's never happened?

Dude, sarcasm.

Or it's someone dressed how they want to dress and that has nothing to do with who they are or what they do. Dude could be any number of things (including a "thug" or whatever code word we're using now) just like someone dressed like a crusty could be any number of things besides a tramp or an oogle. You literally have NO idea.

...Someone being shot with their hands up didnt happen and was a lie, hence propaganda...

Dude, sarcasm.

Phew. You never know on these boards.

Dude, sarcasm.

Phew. You never know on these boards.

lol! Ok, that's my bad. I forgot where I was. Also, That other guy.... DEFINITELY a slave... God, I can't take anything seriously at 2am. I'm a terrible human being. :ohnoez:

So at my LCS today I saw the cover for Black #3, and they had an alternate cover that is "uncensored". The comic itself has a reputation for touching the topics no one else will, but even for that book, I was kind of shocked.

At the end of the day, it is Art, it is controversial, and it is certainly going to start a whole new conversation.

I saw that. I was surprised that not a one of them was over six feet, but I didn't think that would be controversial.

:jokealert:

With that out of the way, I actually thought it was lazy if it was actually trying to say something.

Is it a joke? If it is, it's not okay. The cover has a lot to do with ignorant attitudes like this. Comments are made over and over, just like this, which makes it okay. It's not okay. Same people go around spouting off 'all lives matter' because people have gotten so used to racism that they just don't see it anymore. #blacklivesmatter

The cover is goofy sensationalism.

Almost as goofy as your response to me as you have no idea who I am or what I stand for or... well, anything basically.

My attitude isn't ignorant, yours is antagonistic over my opinion of a comic book cover.

I am not getting sucked into a political debate so I didnt say any names. Do not attempt to take my comment regarding a particular incident into a general one.

I was referring to a very specific incident, about which a lie was repeated and continues to be repeated to this day, which the cover of the comic is making allusions to. It did not happen, making a cover adding in elements from it, political propaganda, as I said.

that's my final word on the subject which i kept specific to the comic and its cover, will not be baited by people breaking forum rules.

You're the one looking only at a single cover and assuming it's based solely on a single specific incident rather than being symbolic.

:screwy:

So, on which specific incident is the cover of #3 based?

:popcorn:

I really don't know why I expected this thread to go well.

This isn't a political question, nor did anyone need to give any response as such.

My question is more of a "in the realm of comics, is this a shocker".

Please do not add your opinion on any of the serious topics that have been in the news, this is not the forum for that.

You're the one looking only at a single cover and assuming it's based solely on a single specific incident rather than being symbolic.

:screwy:

So, on which specific incident is the cover of #3 based?

the comments were on cover #1, in response to an explanation request, and it's been explained as fully as the rules of this board allow.

If you genuinely want to have a discussion about it PM me, I already stated everything that needs to be said in my previous posts.

This isn't a political question, nor did anyone need to give any response as such.

Please do not add your opinion on any of the serious topics that have been in the news, this is not the forum for that.

I don't think it's a shocker. The uncensored version is a variant cover. Had it been the only cover, then maybe it would be a shocker.

It's a notch below the Zenescope nude covers, IMO. Both are designed to grab your attention. This one was designed to grab your attention, and I'm sure the creators hoped it'd lead to a discussion/conversation. Provocative? Sure, but I just don't see it as shocking in the current market.

I don't think it's a shocker. The uncensored version is a variant cover. Had it been the only cover, then maybe it would be a shocker.

It's a notch below the Zenescope nude covers, IMO. Both are designed to grab your attention. This one was designed to grab your attention, and I'm sure the creators hoped it'd lead to a discussion/conversation. Provocative? Sure, but I just don't see it as shocking in the current market.

I spoke with the artist a bit at NYCC, and from my take on the guy it is absolutely trying to get conversation going and he doesn't seem to have a boundary set as to where he is going to take it. But I don't think his intention is anything other than to get people to pick up the book and read it.

And issue #4 isn't even out yet:

6cafa629-7d05-40a4-9f4f-25ea1e134d5d_zpsktlkos9p.jpg

Are they dong a variant that shows them killing each other in Chicago at a clip of 500-600 a year or are they just sticking with their usual grievance industry racist boogeyman?

Yup, that should do it

And issue #4 isn't even out yet:

6cafa629-7d05-40a4-9f4f-25ea1e134d5d_zpsktlkos9p.jpg

Are they dong a variant that shows them killing each other in Chicago at a clip of 500-600 a year or are they just sticking with their usual grievance industry racist boogeyman?

Yup, that should do it

Who is them?