• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Opp Etiquette

11 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone.

So hopefully persons with lots of sketch opp experience can help me with this, What is the etiquette for negative experience? Keep things behind closed doors? Let everyone know who you've had a bad experience with. Luckily I haven't had anything like this yet, but there is one thing that is headed in that direction and I wanted to know what proper form is.

thanks for your anticipated advice.

Greetings everyone.

So hopefully persons with lots of sketch opp experience can help me with this, What is the etiquette for negative experience? Keep things behind closed doors? Let everyone know who you've had a bad experience with. Luckily I haven't had anything like this yet, but there is one thing that is headed in that direction and I wanted to know what proper form is.

I'm not sure what the public part would be, though if communication was lacking and my money/art was being held for an unreasonably long time about it, post publicly in a polite way to help hopefully speed along resolution.

BUT I think one could and should certainly report your bad experience to CGC and file a complaint. That way CGC can address the issue and decide if they want to move forward with that artist and/or the facilitator, and/or retrain the facilitator if appropriate.

If you're at EBAS levels where you've been waiting four years, you should probably put them on blast on every form of social media you can, file a police complaint, call the parents of the artist and the facilitator, contact the employers of the facilitator and/or the artist, any thing you can do LEGALLY to make the artist and/or facilitator do the right thing.

Regardless, you should document everything relatively easy now since everything is email (mostly), including paypal statements, returned checks, voicemails, phone records, etc.

Greetings everyone.

Communication is KEY. Sketch opps that go poorly are usually due to lack or OVER communication with one of the parties involved. The facilitator should always answer any question a client has in reasonable amount of time (even with the dredded,I will need to get back to you)

In my experience, issues arrive when either :

A. An artist has gone MIA and just doesn't want to answer calls, texts, emails, pm etc.

B. The artist get emails/PMs directly from a client asking about their piece without the knowledge of the facilitator. (This personally bothers me the MOST. When part of an opp, remember your facilitator is responsible for keeping contact with an artist/rep)

I have ONE opp currently where the artist (who I previously repped and who lives close to me) has made promises to fullfull his commitment of a Dr. Who sketch cover for a client on these boards, but has strung me along. I have been in constant communication with that client to let him know it should get done, but I am willing to offer a refund if need be.

Remember, us facilitators want nothing more then to have an opp go smoothly. I have run anywhere from 50-75 opps here on these boards and can say stuff happens, but please be PATIENT and communicate with your facilitator.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS and you need some additional support, contact CGC directly at 1877NMCOMIC and ask for the CGC Signature Series Director.

Dan

lol

I think I know what this about - I couldn't find your PM the other day after she contacted me.

BF324962-C805-42C0-9E71-DF4F83412F83_zps7r0p6tzi.jpeg

Send me a PM with your info - since the facilitator in question is no longer with us she'll most likely send them directly to CGC in your name.

I have had a couple bad experiences and over the past 18mo have just chosen to deal directly with artist than going through cgc approved facilitators. If it is a break down on both fronts then there is really nothing you can do. Telling CGC often times is the definition of "falling on deaf ears". If you choose to complain be the bigger person and don't loose your temper, the facilitator is often just the messenger, sometime artists will take a commission then get company work that will always and has to take precedent.

As for one of my particular experiences, the artist received the commission and something was not properly relayed with the costume/character choice. Initial pencils where posted to everyone and I didn't see mine and inquired and was told it was included, to which I reminded the facilitator that it was not what I had asked for and the response was "it will be fixed before inking/color". Obviously by the end of the op it was not corrected and when I asked the facilitator WTF, their response was "if you don't like it sell it for big money". I asked the artist the same question (as I am friends with him on FB) and his reply was that he never received any instruction. This is the super condensed version as the facilitator liked to placate with promises and was pretty self important.

This was four years ago and to this day I refuse to do any business with the facilitator but have a great working relationship with the artist.

I have had a couple bad experiences and over the past 18mo have just chosen to deal directly with artist than going through cgc approved facilitators. If it is a break down on both fronts then there is really nothing you can do. Telling CGC often times is the definition of "falling on deaf ears". If you choose to complain be the bigger person and don't loose your temper, the facilitator is often just the messenger, sometime artists will take a commission then get company work that will always and has to take precedent.

As for one of my particular experiences, the artist received the commission and something was not properly relayed with the costume/character choice. Initial pencils where posted to everyone and I didn't see mine and inquired and was told it was included, to which I reminded the facilitator that it was not what I had asked for and the response was "it will be fixed before inking/color". Obviously by the end of the op it was not corrected and when I asked the facilitator WTF, their response was "if you don't like it sell it for big money". I asked the artist the same question (as I am friends with him on FB) and his reply was that he never received any instruction. This is the super condensed version as the facilitator liked to placate with promises and was pretty self important.

This was four years ago and to this day I refuse to do any business with the facilitator but have a great working relationship with the artist.

woah. That is unfortunate man. =(