• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All-American comics no.16 the Green lantern

299 posts in this topic

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Cadillackid Missed out on hearing the conclusion :shy: Just curious how it went, keeping it raw?

I miss you on the boards is all :foryou: And this is one greeat issue! :headbang: 

:bump:guess that could have gone in a pm lol but this thread is classic :o 

On 8/30/2018 at 8:37 AM, F For Fake said:

Geez, has it been almost a year since this thread was last posted in??? Holy cats. What ever happened with this book?

after reading through again, looks like i bumped this last year too :sorry: 

On 11/9/2019 at 11:50 PM, Cadillackid said:

Still raw, and I still own it! Concerned about mailing it out, thought about taking it for on site grading, but closest has been 3 to 4 hours away.

Did you ever get this graded? :foryou:

46 minutes ago, Badger said:

Did you ever get this graded? :foryou:

lol I thought about bumping this thread the other day, true story (thumbsulol

but I figured that I had bumped it ad nauseum lol so here is hoping :wishluck: 

:tink: Emoji's! :sumo::roflmao: 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I thought about bumping this thread the other day, true story (thumbsulol

but I figured that I had bumped it ad nauseum lol so here is hoping :wishluck: 

:tink: Emoji's! :sumo::roflmao: 

@Cadillackid liked one of my posts in this thread earlier today so I was like...why not!:) Plus, it is just such an amazing book.

Edited by Badger

@Cadillackid

I would definitely get this book graded.  As the value of this book increases.....so does the fee for getting it graded.   It would have been a lot less expensive to get this book graded by CGC back in 2016 when this thread started.

Because now that a few years have passed, the value estimates in this thread are way too low.  Obviously, copies of this book don't come up for sale very often.  But here are a couple of prices from GPA for more recent sales in lower grades.

CGC 2.0 sold in April 2020 for $31,200

CGC 0.5 (incomplete) sold in November 2020 for $16,200

CGC 3.5 sold in September 2020 for $72,000

There are no GPA recorded sales higher than 8.0 (according to the census, the only 8.0 copy, which is the Billy Wright Pedigree copy, sold in 2013 for $203,150......and there's actually one 9.4 out there as well).  Only 28 copies have been graded by CGC in unrestored (blue label) condition.

The scary thing is.......no copies have sold this year.......in this insane market........especially for key issues.

I don't even want to think about the crazy money this book would sell for in the current market.

2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

I would definitely get this book graded.  As the value of this book increases.....so does the fee for getting it graded.   It would have been a lot less expensive to get this book graded by CGC back in 2016 when this thread started.

Based on the books value, it would have to be graded using CGC's WalkThrough service......at a cost of 3% of fair market value.

CGCprices.thumb.jpg.6e6b6a8d86b13f53879be711245cdc3a.jpg

If this book was worth around $10,000 to $20,000 back in 2016......the fee for grading it would have been in the $300 to $600 range.

Based on the April 2020 sale of a CGC 2.0 copy for $31,200......what would the book sell for now in this crazy market if it gets a similar grade?

$40,000?

$50,000?

The grading fee on a $50,000 book would be $1,500.

Edited by Domo Arigato

1 hour ago, snitzer said:

A 9.4 is out there?! :ohnoez:

That's what I thought.  There's no telling what that book would bring in todays market.  A 6.5 copy sold in early 2018 for $215,100.

According to the CGC census, there are only two blue label copies of this book graded above 6.5...........the 8.0 and 9.4 I mentioned previously.

I also just noticed the selling history of the 8.0 Billy Wright Pedigree copy that I mentioned previously.......there are three recorded sales for it.

The book originally sold on Heritage in February, 2012 for $203,150.

The buyer then received an offer through the Heritage make-offer-to-owner feature and sold it for $300,000 in March 2012.

The book then came up again in a Heritage auction in August, 2013, and once again sold for the same $203,150.

The winner of that auction has since received offers on it through the Heritage make-offer-to-owner feature of $300,000 in December, 2014 and $305,000 in August, 2015......but it doesn't look like the buyer accepted either offer.

Edited by Domo Arigato