• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next HA Auction !
4 4

386 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I was shocked by the hammer for the Guice Micronauts #52 page 1 at $3100. Its a great example but must be the most paid for a single interior page.

Yeah, I've paid more, but that was for a Golden page...

But I concede it may have been excessive to persist.  At that price point it was probably unlikely the underbidder was a dealer.  There are collectors out there who specialize in Title Pages.

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Perhaps there is some speculation based on the fact that Hasbro is pushing Micronauts to be a major property again in their shared universe?  Some art is character driven over artist. 

I think there were only two bidders -- since one is a very prominent Nauts collector, it seems like anyone who wants one has to bid high to try to get it -- I know who the underbidder was and he told me he just wanted a 'Nauts page but eventually gave up.  

On 2017-02-24 at 2:42 PM, ThothAmon said:

How's hammer price of $115,000 grab you Doc Dave?

Yup - The displaced leg didn't bother the winning bidder or the under bidder one little bit...

Edited by pemart1966