• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next HA Auction !
4 4

386 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Yea but not by bids. Looks like the reserves have been revealed. Anyone think the Miller splash sells? I personally say No.

I will likely be stoned for saying this, but Millers artwork was a big turn off for me on Daredevil when he showed up.  I always found the artwork to be pretty remedial in its quality, especially when compared to other artist.  That said, these days I am rarely surprised by the prices OA gets so I wouldn't fall out of my chair if it sells. 

14 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

I'm surprised that a relatively average Preacher page is already where it's at... of course that small of an amount of money is funny money for most playing this game.

Preacher = Undervalued? 

On one hand, the TV series (which did well with critics) did not post "Walking Dead" sized numbers with the masses.

On the other hand though, what were the other great comics from the 90s? Sandman, Sin City, Hellboy, Marvels, LoEG, Bone? 

$1,100 for a page with the two primaries prominently featured seems like a bargain comparatively.

Just taking some time to go over this auction, my mind has been on the Frenchie and the Mignola Starman.

I am not the biggest Byrne fan, but that is a fun Team-Up page with Kulan Gath.

The Everett Doc page tempts as I have been looking for one but not this one I don't think. Douchey Doc and the art only sings for me in two panels really.

I think I like Johnny Comet more than White Indian.

okay, enough of my play by play!

55 minutes ago, drdroom reborn said:

Interesting to me how quiet the bidding is on the GA material comparatively. Is that just because GA bidders are old-school guys that don't show their hand until game day, or is GA really that far behind SA and BA in desirability?

I dont have the answer - but as a pattern, for most good stuff there usually is the biggest jump at the end.  At least thats what I noticed in many auctions that I have watched in past little while.

On 2/21/2017 at 6:44 PM, Matches_Malone said:

There goes theDeZuniga Star Wars. I was wondering when it was going to gather some steam. :popcorn:

Have things changed this drastically since the last few pieces of his sold on HA (that I could find at least) or is this piece that top shelf. I see an interior page and a cover for 89 and 460 respectively (2004 and 2009 dates).

That pinup is fantastic!  I don't know if it is from the first issue of Star Wars Weekly (description is vague) but this has to be a very early piece of Star Wars art.  Pieces done this early seem to be much more desirable than pieces done later on.  I would love to win it but I am positive it will go much higher than I can afford. 

Cover for 460 bucks back in 2004 kinda makes sense.  I have no idea to what issue it is for so I am sure that hurt value.  That cover could have been done at any time