• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next HA Auction !
4 4

386 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ThothAmon said:

Lucky for you guys my honeydew list kept me from the keyboard when this one closed. Awesome page. Congratulations. 

Thanks Thoth. Hopefully the rest of your honeydew list doesn't overlap with mine!

When life is bumming you out... buy art. 

Yes, I REALLY wanted this page.

This will be getting framed.

Raiders Issue 1 Page 19.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

39 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Well, VEEP is doing well so Mandel is probably celebrating buying more Star Wars art.

He confirmed on FB he did buy the De Zuniga piece. I had to laugh that I thought I may have had a shot at that only to realize I never, ever did ;)

Edited by cstojano

Would not have guessed that the Michael Golden page would have been my least expensive purchase.  Yoiks!
Yesterday, I suppose one Golden page had a lot to compete with for attention, I suppose.  But still...

Edited by thethedew

17 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I'm not surprised by the price.  I agree that the art itself is far from great, but it's one of the most memorable scenes from the movie adaptation and is bound to be very nostalgic for a lot of people.  It's hard to find vintage OA that's as memorable as this page for anywhere near $1K and change anymore. 

Disclaimer:  I am not the consignor, I do not know who consigned the page, and nor will I be the buyer for this page tomorrow either - all of this is just my opinion. 

That was exactly why I picked it up.  I have a slightly different viewpoint on collecting comic book art.  Most people outside of our community do not know the artists so in this case the artists was irrelevant to me.  However, Indiana Jones is a household name and when you think of the franchise usually the scene where he is running away from the boulder comes to mind.  I have other Indiana Jones pages and I am (at least what I consider to be) a big fan of the series. 

This page exemplified the series in comics form to me.  I don't display most of my things.  However, I am looking forward to framing it and hanging it in my office at home.   (Once the office is finished)

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

That was exactly why I picked it up.  I have a slightly different viewpoint on collecting comic book art.  Most people outside of our community do not know the artists so in this case the artists was irrelevant to me.  However, Indiana Jones is a household name and when you think of the franchise usually the scene where he is running away from the boulder comes to mind.  I have other Indiana Jones pages and I am (at least what I consider to be) a big fan of the series. 

This page exemplified the series in comics form to me.  I don't display most of my things.  However, I am looking forward to framing it and hanging it in my office at home.   (Once the office is finished)

Congrats on the pickup. I posted about this page because (again) "recent" comps for these pages were in the 300 dollar range so this seemed to be an anomaly before floor bidding even began. 

14 hours ago, cstojano said:

Congrats on the pickup. I posted about this page because (again) "recent" comps for these pages were in the 300 dollar range so this seemed to be an anomaly before floor bidding even began. 

I had paid $400 for the Raiders page where he is escaping from the temple with Marion by knocking over the statue through the wall.   Many other pages from the continuation series, The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" have been going for around $300.   Either way... I am happy by it. 

6 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I was shocked by the hammer for the Guice Micronauts #52 page 1 at $3100. Its a great example but must be the most paid for a single interior page.

Perhaps there is some speculation based on the fact that Hasbro is pushing Micronauts to be a major property again in their shared universe?  Some art is character driven over artist. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I had paid $400 for the Raiders page where he is escaping from the temple with Marion by knocking over the statue through the wall.   Many other pages from the continuation series, The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones" have been going for around $300.   Either way... I am happy by it. 

Yeah those Further Adventures pages I have no interest in, personally. If they bring 300 apiece then the movie adaptation would surely command more.  I guess 2012 was a better year to buy when 2 continuous pages sold for 508 and 433 across two lots. Heck in 2015 the bar scene page brought 359.

5 minutes ago, cstojano said:

Yeah those Further Adventures pages I have no interest in, personally. If they bring 300 apiece then the movie adaptation would surely command more.  I guess 2012 was a better year to buy when 2 continuous pages sold for 508 and 433 across two lots. Heck in 2015 the bar scene page brought 359.

I've only been looking for the last pages of each issue of the Further Adventures... I like them as they evoked the serial aspect of Indiana Jones... (The 'Coming Up next' aspect)

ZJJlptFk_1507141301521.jpg  HORTOY5z_1809162225571gpadd.jpg