• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of Asgard

163 posts in this topic

Mica my man I'm a great silver age fan, but this bit of greatness, you should have left it in the general forum for everyone! I know it is your thread and you can do whatever you want with it, but damn this is a great work of art!!!

Thanks Toro, and thanks Red Hook, sorry if it disapoints anyone, but the majority of images I am using seem to be very heavy Silver-Age and since Tales of Asgard was introduced in the middle of Silver I kept thinking it would be more accepted here. The General forum was getting hard for me to keep track of. But I'm having fun with this, and I see that a lot of you are as well.

Marvel Mistake time. After a battle Odin and Thor look around at the devastation.

A small fire is burning in the background. Odin's hlemet has horns. But seconds later the horns are missing.

horns.jpg

Maybe the fire melted them off. It does look like its starting to rage out of control just 30 seconds later. Why didn't Thor whip up a rainstorm to stop it right away?

That's incredible to see that magnitude of a mistake in a drawing on the same page. These images are wonderful Mica, I sure hope you make or have more.

Mica, awesome thread! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or...should I say..."threads"???

tonofbricks.gif

Seriously, I really appreciate threads that are original, creative, and informative about comics, like this one and your thread about presidential comics. Odin has always been a great character with a real talent for saying, "Shut up!" in a way that puts people and other gods to shame. For example, "Silence, foolish woman!" is a typical classic line from him.

Keep up the great work and keep it here in silver so it doesn't get buried in those zillions of posts in comics general. Hopefully after some time this may get pinned. I think it deserves it.

Joe

watchertitle6.jpg

watchertitle7.jpg

HERE HE IS ADDRESSING THE SADIE HAWKINS DAY PIC-NIC, AND

REMINDING EVERYONE NOT TO LEAVE THEIR COKE CANS ALL OVER THE

PLACE LIKE LAST YEAR. UNFORTUNATELY HE WALKED PASSED THE

RING TOSS BOOTH WHILE WEARING THIS HAT.

watchertitle8.jpg

watchertitle9.jpg

100th post.....hope you all enjoy, Mica

Mica, awesome thread! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or...should I say..."threads"???

tonofbricks.gif

Seriously, I really appreciate threads that are original, creative, and informative about comics, like this one and your thread about presidential comics. Odin has always been a great character with a real talent for saying, "Shut up!" in a way that puts people and other gods to shame. For example, "Silence, foolish woman!" is a typical classic line from him.

Keep up the great work and keep it here in silver so it doesn't get buried in those zillions of posts in comics general. Hopefully after some time this may get pinned. I think it deserves it.

Joe

Thank you Joe, It's an odd thread, and doesn't generate numerous amounts of chat which might have been its downfall located elsewhere. It's sort of a "Oh By The Way, There's This Silly Thread Over Here" and if these boards had a PARODY section then it would probably belong there. I don't know how threads get "pinned" but it's probably a long way off from that happening based on that people are being polite towards it and aren't coming in here flaming. And as Joe said, if they did start flaming in here, Odin would set them straight..... or sleep.

odinhot.jpg

Great thread, Mica. I had to stop reading I was laughing so hard. I strained my ab muscles yesterday and it hurts to darn much!

I'm definitely coming back later.

This a blast from the past .

This is what Stan Lee wanted Marvel Comics to be - COOL .

It's fun with style ( pun ) tongue in cheek , but also original .

We need more of this stuff !!

I agree! thumbsup2.gif This is VERY in the spirit of Marvel as Stan envisioned. Off the top of my head, I recall the 1966 Marvel cards with the superhero classic poses juxtaposed with with hilarious word balloons. Even into the 1970s, Stan had fun adding word balloons to classic monster movie stills in the Monster Madness magazine. Keep it up, Mica! I'm loving it; the one about Odin's helmet and the ring toss event might have been the best one yet. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Joe

Somewhere in the packed boxes in my basement in a nearly complete unused set of the humorous stickers Marvel produced in I think 1966. When I unearth them, I'm going to scan the whole series and put them up on the boards. thumbsup2.gif

Thing is, I don't remember exactly how they came....did you get a sticker with each pack of cards? Anyone?

This weekend, while going through a collection I purchased recently, I discovered that these "Tales of Asgard" backup stories from Journey Into Mystery were reprinted in a series called "Marvel Spectacular" from the early 1970s. Man, some of those costumes that Kirby put on the asgardians were ridiculous! 27_laughing.gif

Mica, absolutely brilliant stuff!

This gets my vote for most creative and humorous thread of 2005. It's like Craig Shutt's "Ask Mr. SilverAge" where he analyzes and breaks down the plots of old Silver Age comics, only your stuff is even funnier.

hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

I agree. A thread with terrific humor and fine SA art! Can't get better than this, and I hope it prompts imitations. I also loved that thread where we were invited to put in the words for the characters in the Wonder Woman comic...classic.

Dan