• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Also have to commend just how PERFECT Ahsoka looked, and how utterly PERFECT Rosario Dawson is for the part--right down to her wry smile.  Favreau and Filoni are Star Wars GODS. (worship)

En0bhJYUYAAaGQw.jpg

It really was such a solid episode. It made all the Season 2 episodes building up to these one well worth the wait.

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Completely amazing episode.  (worship) LOVED the allusion to Grogu becoming like Anakin as a reason not to train him.

So we're left with Din now quested to find DIFFERENT Jedi.  doh!  Are there any Jedi left that we currently know of at this point besides Luke and Leia?  I haven't seen Rebels or Resistance yet, but I assume those series may have introduced some Jedi characters that could be alive during this time.

But now that we have Ahsoka's judgement that he doesn't just need training as a Jedi but also someone to actively teach him not to succumb to the Dark Side...who do we already know in canon PERFECTLY suited for that role?  Someone who either already has a Jedi training academy or is about to start one, as well as someone who has already gone through this in resisting his own attachments and who also helped Anakin return to the Jedi?  hm

But how could they ever pull that off?  Re-cast Mark Hamill with a younger actor?  (shrug)

If you had watched rebels you would have the answer.   

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Completely amazing episode.  (worship) LOVED the allusion to Grogu becoming like Anakin as a reason not to train him.

So we're left with Din now quested to find DIFFERENT Jedi.  doh!  Are there any Jedi left that we currently know of at this point besides Luke and Leia?  I haven't seen Rebels or Resistance yet, but I assume those series may have introduced some Jedi characters that could be alive during this time.

But now that we have Ahsoka's judgement that he doesn't just need training as a Jedi but also someone to actively teach him not to succumb to the Dark Side...who do we already know in canon PERFECTLY suited for that role?  Someone who either already has a Jedi training academy or is about to start one, as well as someone who has already gone through this in resisting his own attachments and who also helped Anakin return to the Jedi?  hm

But how could they ever pull that off?  Re-cast Mark Hamill with a younger actor?  (shrug)

hm 

It's up to you if you want it spoiled. 

Spoiler

Ezra Bridger 

When we last saw Thrawn, Ezra Bridger had summoned the Purrgil, (Space Whales that could travel through hyperspace) to his location as they battled aboard Thrawn's Star Destroyer.  The Purrgil then wrapped themselves around the Star Destroyer and opened up a hyperspace lane to parts unknown. The final scenes take place after the Battle of Endor and Rebels ends with Ahsoka and Sabine Wren going off to search for Ezra.      Ezra was always in danger of slipping into the Dark Side and this had been a running theme of Rebels from Seasons 2-4.  

You really should watch Rebels as it looks like this is where the show is going and that it will sneak in some of Filoni's unresolved storylines from the show. 

By the way, at the end of Rebels, Obi Wan, Yoda, Rex, Maul, Vader, and Palpatine are aware of Kanan and Ezra.  Maul tried to make Ezra his apprentice as did Vader at one point and Palpatine was also interested in luring Ezra t the dark side as a possible replacement for Vader.  

There are things that I won't spoil though such as how Ahsoka surrvives her encounter with Vader. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Thanks!  I don't mind being spoiled on characters since I can't watch 3 more seasons of Clone Wars and all of Rebels before this season of Mandalorian ends--probably not even by the end of season 3.  Ezra Bridger does seem likely since he and Thrawn disappeared together and we just saw that Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn.

Now I'm thinking that Ezra convinces Ahsoka to get over Anakin's turn to the Dark Side and train Grogu herself, or perhaps that they train him together.  At the end of this episode it looked as if that might be all we see of Ahsoka, but Ezra being interested in Grogu could change that.  And I don't see Filoni only using Ahsoka a little going into the future, I see her being heavily involved.

Edited by fantastic_four

13 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Thanks!  I don't mind being spoiled on characters since I can't watch 3 more seasons of Clone Wars and all of Rebels before this season of Mandalorian ends--probably not even by the end of season 3.  Ezra Bridger does seem likely since he and Thrawn disappeared together and we just saw that Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn.

Now I'm thinking that Ezra convinces Ahsoka to get over Anakin's turn to the Dark Side and train Grogu herself, or perhaps that they train him together.  At the end of this episode it looked as if that might be all we see of Ahsoka, but Ezra being interested in Grogu could change that.  And I don't see Filoni only using Ahsoka a little going into the future, I see her being heavily involved.

That's the part where you should have said, 'challenge accepted'. lol 

I totally get it.  I strongly recommend Rebels though.  Season 1 is kind of aimed toward kids.  I have always readily admitted that.  Then once Filoni satisfied the Disney execs he turned it into a continuation of Clone Wars by re-introducing Ahsoka at the end of Season 1.  Filoni actually winds up exploring more of the mythology of the force and I am actually interested to see if they introduce The World Between Worlds which Filoni actually consulted Lucas on.  (I did not know that until linking that article.)

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I strongly recommend Rebels though. 

Oh I'm DEFINITELY watching it.  But until Kathleen Kennedy is out of Star Wars I prefer to sip my wine, not guzzle it, because we may still be in for a long haul before Star Wars gets fixed.  :eek:

22 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Was it ever shown in the comics that a lightsaber couldn't cut beskar?

Aren't blaster fire and lightsaber both plasma?  Beskar works by having an extremely high melting point, so I wasn't surprised it works on both.

There are four states of matter--solid, liquid, gas, and plasma.  Most matter in space is plasma, but on Earth we only see it naturally in the form of lightning.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Aren't blaster fire and lightsaber both plasma?  Beskar works by having an extremely high melting point, so I wasn't surprised it works on both.

There are four states of matter--solid, liquid, gas, and plasma.  Most of space is plasma, but on Earth we only see it naturally in the form of lightning.

Both plasma but lightsabers are made/powered from Kyber crystals and we've seen in many movies/shows how it can cut through thick blast doors so I was just wondering if there was any past history regarding beskar.

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I hit pause and ran and bought a copy of the 1st Appearance.  If you saw the media where we last saw that character then you know who was with them.   I am glad I bought a few issues of that first appearance as well.   I am hoping the seller I just bought something from honors the deal and ships the book.   Since yesterday afternoon when some get to see the episode in advance, 28 copies of that book have sold on eBay

Just to be clear, are you referring to Heir to the Empire #1 or Kanan the Last Padawan #1 & 6?

7 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Also have to commend just how PERFECT Ahsoka looked, and how utterly PERFECT Rosario Dawson is for the part--right down to her wry smile.  Favreau and Filoni are Star Wars GODS. (worship)

En0bhJYUYAAaGQw.jpg

I wouldn't call it perfect.  The length of her "hair/horn" things in Rebels is longer.  But I can understand why they opted for a shorter headpiece as it's easier to work with while filming and doing stunts.  My only complaint with live action Ahsoka was the lack of her fighting with a reverse grip (except at the end when it was used for theatrical effect).

8 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Just to be clear, are you referring to Heir to the Empire #1 or Kanan the Last Padawan #1 & 6?

I was buying up copies of Kanan 1 over the summer....   

I snagged an heir to the empire 1 last night... thew the episode on pause and jumped on eBay.   I tried to buy two others but they were taken as I was checking out.  1 out of 3 isn't bad.  People made more this afternoon than I paid so... I am hoping I actually get it. 

36 minutes ago, I like pie said:

After some research,  in legends, beskar is resistant to lightsaber but it could eventually cut though. Non canonical atm but that's what I was looking for.

As far back as 2015 Disney said that Beskar could repel lightsaber strikes.   Apparently that was introduced as part of canon. 

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Beskar

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ultimate_Star_Wars,_New_Edition

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

The length of her "hair/horn" things in Rebels is longer.  But I can understand why they opted for a shorter headpiece as it's easier to work with while filming and doing stunts.

I wondered when I first heard she'd be in it if they'd go Rebels long horns or Clone Wars short horns.  I know they're supposed to grow taller as that species ages, but I still hoped they'd go short horns.  And obviously they did, and I bet it's for the same reason I was hoping they would--she just looks better that way.  It goes against previous canon, but I like the change because those really tall horns look awkward.

The points up top are horns called montrals, and the "hair" isn't hair, it's flesh I usually hear described as tails.

Edited by fantastic_four