• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

When you think about how many hours of "screen time" there are for each of the Star Wars characters - especially if you don't count the animations - the Mandalorian story is easily becoming one of the highest totals for live action characters.

Chewbacca has 9 movies - but how much screen time?  Luke only has about 4 movies and some cameos.  There aren't many non-Mandalorian scenes in the two seasons.

Edited by valiantman

6 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

What I like is that the people in charge actually have thought this storyline out and are following through with what is needed to be seen and done.  Night and day from the sequel trilogy.  

People say that Star Wars saved Marvel Comics back in 1977, well The Mandalorian has saved Star Wars 40+ years later.  I'm really impressed.

💯 each installment is a self contained adventure though part of something bigger plus... it’s a space western!  , two of the components which made the original trilogy such a success . 

49 minutes ago, Rip said:

Great episode but I couldn't help but think.....Damn....

Reveal hidden contents

I just bought that ship. (Hasbro Razor Crest)

For a brief period of time in 2002, I owned JangoFett.com because I registered it before Lucasfilm.  After the movie, I just let it expire. lol

50 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

The thing that I don't get...

Hide contents

Why didn't Boba Fett just get his armer back from Cobb Vanth on Tatooine? Instead he watches Mando from a far and then tracks him across the galaxy.  Doesn't really make sense to me.

I don’t think he could have taken him by himself.

Spoiler

Plus Cobb had backup. Fett would have been on his turf. 

He had the element of surprise and leverage here. If it wasn’t for the empire’s attack, he may not have ended up with it. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

22 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I don’t think he could have taken him by himself.

Hide contents

Plus Cobb had backup. Fett would have been on his turf. 

He had the element of surprise and leverage here. If it wasn’t for the empire’s attack, he may not have ended up with it. 

Spoiler

I respectfully disagree. I mean Fett took out like half of those Storm Troopers with a Sand Peoples staff. Seems like he could have taken out Cobb pretty easy but I'm not well versed in SW EU so I don't know.

20 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:
  Hide contents

I respectfully disagree. I mean Fett took out like half of those Storm Troopers with a Sand Peoples staff. Seems like he could have taken out Cobb pretty easy but I'm not well versed in SW EU so I don't know.

Cobb had the armor and knew how to use it. Also, Ewoks took out stormtroopers...Ewoks.  The Empire got complacent when there was no real threat and shut down the cloning program. Basically, relegating the clones to Jedi hunting and serving in the Emperor’s Imperial Guard. Probably wasn’t the wisest move by the Empire. 

Spoiler

Boba also said that he’s a simple man and not looking to call attention to himself. Taking on Cobb would have caused a lot of undue attention to follow him. Also, Boba didn’t even attempt to mess with Mando armorless. He knew he didn’t stand a chance.

Edited by awakeintheashes

28 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

This show is done so damn well they could make Jar Jar cool. 

Quoting from something I just read but sums it up perfectly. 

“How do you top Timothy Olyphant? Introduce Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan and tease Ahsoka. How do you top Bo-Katan? Reveal Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka, divulge Grogu’s name, and mention Grand Admiral Thrawn. And how do you top—or at least rival—that trifecta?

Spoiler

Bring back Boba Fett and the Slave I, put Grogu in Imperial custody for the first time this season, and have him come face to face with Gideon while he’s holding the Darksaber. 

How do you follow that? Man, I don’t know. But I can’t wait to watch Favreau and Dave Filoni try”

Anybody think those butterflies at the seeing stone symbolize anything or anyone? I have no idea who or what, but with all the callbacks and allusions to things, there’s a chance they aren’t just there because they look nice. 

3 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Anybody think those butterflies at the seeing stone symbolize anything or anyone? I have no idea who or what, but with all the callbacks and allusions to things, there’s a chance they aren’t just there because they look nice. 

I honestly thought he was going to eat them...

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

I would assume those butterflies can sense Jedi, since several showed up.  Grogu likely wanted them and may have "flipped the switch" on the stone by reaching out with the Force to the butterflies.  Once the stone got started, he was meditating like it was controlling him as much as he was controlling it. (thumbsu

Just realized Grogu could be a girl for all we know.  hm