• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I wondered when I first heard she'd be in it if they'd go Rebels long horns or Clone Wars short horns.  I know they're supposed to grow taller as that species ages, but I still hoped they'd go short horns.  And obviously they did, and I bet it's for the same reason I was hoping they would--she just looks better that way.

I agree, I wasn't a fan of her Rebels look.  The animation style of the series in general just went for the taller/thinner/lankier aesthetic for many of the characters.  I mean, Sabine looks like a twig in the series.

There's a deleted scene from Revenge of the Sith where General Grievous kills a Togruta (that's Ahsoka's species) Jedi where she had the long montrals of an older member of her species.  I like the idea of them growing, but aesthetically I just don't like the long horn look one bit.

j5e0ng9x1be11.jpg

11 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Watching this series has helped to get rid of that awful sequel trilogy experience.

Completely agree. It is funny, though, how after TFA everybody hailed Abrams saving Star Wars from the prequels. But, Episodes 1-3 have aged so well and look far superior to Eps 7-9 now. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Just now, awakeintheashes said:

Completely agree. It is funny, though, how after TFA everybody hailed Abrahams saving Star Wars from the prequels. But, Episodes 1-3 have aged so well and look far superior to Eps 7-9 now. 

This I absolutely agree with. 

As much as I liked Last Jedi over JJ's parts, the sequel trilogy shows us how unappreciated episodes 1-3 was. 

Little bit of bragging tonight... just posted this Baby Yoda meme on my instagram as I was watching the last night of the Trey Anastasio (Phish) show at the Beacon.  They are performing live in an empty theater and broadcasting it.

It fit... my mouth dropped as I had dropped a comment in the show's chat. 

4o4112.jpg.ac8d0080c44247b42123daf6c5bd2439.jpg

17 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

What makes me laugh about all the hatred to Rian Johnson is that if you really look at Clone Wars and Rebels, Johnson takes a lot of cues from those series. 

Leia using the force to float back to the ship after being jettisoned into space?  Filoni did that first with Kanan in an episode of Rebels. Kanan wasn't even a full Jedi.   While there are definitely some flaws, there are so many more cues that Johnson got right that JJ flat out ignored but it's popular to hate on TLJ... it's cool.   "Ya'll should do ya homework first."  (And I mean that to everyone.)

I agree with this and if you look far enough back at the TLJ thread, I was defending Johnson, but I get the hate. I think if Johnson had done Eps. 7-9 we would have been left with a much better product. 

He is well versed in Star Wars lore, but unfortunately, trying to shoehorn it all into one movie without proper context or background did not work out well. 

To think, it probably would have been Ahsoka who took Rey to Jakku after sensing the vulnerability of her falling to the dark side. But instead we get the WTF soup of WTF that is of Rise of Skywalker. 

9 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I’m not sure if we will ever find this out, but do you think Yoda and Obi Wan ever Force Ghost FaceTimed with Ahsoka? 

She sees him in Rebels and he waves or something but I forget if there was anything more than that. 

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

She sees him in Rebels and he waves or something but I forget if there was anything more than that. 

Right, but I’m thinking after Obi-Wan and Yoda have both died and trained the son of her former master. The connection shared between those four is that loose thread on a t-shirt I keep pulling at.  

I know she had her vision in Clone Wars of Anakin turning to the dark side, and I believe she communicated with Qui-Gon (I could be wrong on that part...need to rewatch). She’s in tune - so her knowledge of Luke has to be more than, “Hey it’s that guy who helped end the empire”...right?

12 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Right, but I’m thinking after Obi-Wan and Yoda have both died and trained the son of her former master. The connection shared between those four is that loose thread on a t-shirt I keep pulling at.  

I know she had her vision in Clone Wars of Anakin turning to the dark side, and I believe she communicated with Qui-Gon (I could be wrong on that part...need to rewatch). She’s in tune - so her knowledge of Luke has to be more than, “Hey it’s that guy who helped end the empire”...right?

I think Ezra is more of the key.

There was something very interesting about Rise of Skywalker.   First of all the jedi scene where all of the dead jedi offer emotional support during the final battle was one of the best parts of the movie.  We know Ahsoka must be dead by that point.  However there was one Jedi that was noticeably absent from that seen that was written by Colin Treverrow in his version that JJ lifted.  

Ezra.   

I think Ezra is going to be key.   Now, I say that not to pimp the books that I bought but I believe in it strongly which is why I bought the books. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

There was something very interesting about Rise of Skywalker.   First of all the jedi scene where all of the dead jedi offer emotional support during the final battle was one of the best parts of the movie.  We know Ahsoka must be dead by that point.  However there was one Jedi that was noticeably absent from that seen that was written by Colin Treverrow in his version that JJ lifted.  

Ezra.   

I think Ezra is going to be key.   Now, I say that not to pimp the books that I bought but I believe in it strongly which is why I bought the books. 

Oh, I don’t doubt he is. My question is really just plain curiosity/nerd closure. It could be as mundane as a drink at a bar to say, “so you’re the famous Ahsoka Tano.” I just need something, Filoni. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Ezra.   

I think they are both still alive after RoS. Filoni said something to the effect of, "Not so fast assuming she is dead."

Ahsoka and Ezra are very similar in personality but I feel Ezra has a darker side. There were a lot of hints in Rebels that he was connected to Sith.

Can't wait to see where it goes.

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Ezra.

Our they didn't think enough of him to include him.  Was the voice of Kanan Jarrus a part of that?

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Our they didn't think enough of him to include him.  Was the voice of Kanan Jarrus a part of that?

Kanan was there... when they brought up Ezra ... I think someone said there was a conscious effort not to include him as his story had not concluded. 

Another great episode...we need more than 8 in a season! :sumo:

Interesting to learn more of Grogu's past, but wonder who saved him from the Jedi temple during the purge?  Or was he already known by Sheev to be special and was immediately captured instead of killed?  And maybe it was Grogu's DNA/blood/whatever with the high "M-count" used to help make clone Palpatine (or multiple Snokes) in Rise of the Jedi?  Of course, that means he would have to be re-captured at some point, so lets not go there...

17 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Completely amazing episode.  (worship) LOVED the allusion to Grogu becoming like Anakin as a reason not to train him.

That for me was one of the most 🤦‍♂️ 🙄 moments from the episode. Let’s try something a little more original than a Jedi Master being reluctant to train another. A tradition started in 1980, again in 1999, and again in 2017. 😴 

image.jpeg

BA8FFA48-54AF-49BF-8E5D-742880640793.jpeg

D0DB7943-3E0A-4356-A062-2AF115482CEB.jpeg

8 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

There's a deleted scene from Revenge of the Sith where General Grievous kills a Togruta (that's Ahsoka's species) Jedi where she had the long montrals of an older member of her species.  I like the idea of them growing, but aesthetically I just don't like the long horn look one bit.

j5e0ng9x1be11.jpg

Looks like a Zebra is giving birth to an umpa lumpa.

2 hours ago, I like pie said:

I think they are both still alive after RoS. Filoni said something to the effect of, "Not so fast assuming she is dead."

Ahsoka and Ezra are very similar in personality but I feel Ezra has a darker side. There were a lot of hints in Rebels that he was connected to Sith.

Can't wait to see where it goes.

This.  Honestly, the death of some of the clones (hell even a droid like R7) struck me enough.  If they ever put the death of Ahsoka on screen, I'd need to take bereavement from work to recover.

Spoiler

I also remember Kanan's death.  Just that day I had told my friend that Rebels wasn't as good as Clone Wars because there weren't any consequences.  No major deaths.  And then I watched that episode and I was decidedly not okay.  :whatthe:

Edited by ExNihilo