• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AJLewandoski said:

Yea they're pricey but they're the best in the business for high quality figures. The link i shared is actually quarter scale (I didn't look close enough) the sixth scale set is much more affordable: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-mandalorian-and-the-child-deluxe-hot-toys-hot-toys-905873

OOohh... thank you.  I like that.  I'm just debating if I should pull the trigger now or wait till the s2 version with the full Beskar armor and spear..

There were so many good characters and stories written already and Disney just decided to throw them all away when they purchased the franchise.  This series shows you can keep the stuff already there and add your own spin to it without rewriting the whole thing. It's a shame we will never get to see the solo twins or Luke really became one of the most powerful jedi. 

Edited by cms1

3 minutes ago, cms1 said:

There were so many good characters and stories written already and Disney just decided to throw them all away when they purchased the franchise.  This series shows you can keep the stuff already there and add your own spin to it without rewriting the whole thing. It's a shame we will never get to see the solo twins or Luke really became a real bad . 

Well, the Mandalorian really helped. Hopefully Disney elevates F and F to the helm. 

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

That's the one that's not articulated, right?  I haven't seen they've done a life-size articulated version yet which kind of shocks me.  Usually Sideshow is all over everything high-end in the statue and action figure arena.

Yea this is the standard Sideshow version that I ordered when the initial wave of Mandalorian merch went up, but there's a Hot Toys one for pre-order now thats posable and has interchangeable hands and ears but he's like $450 whereas I think this one was $275 when it first came out

3 hours ago, cms1 said:

There were so many good characters and stories written already and Disney just decided to throw them all away when they purchased the franchise.  This series shows you can keep the stuff already there and add your own spin to it without rewriting the whole thing. It's a shame we will never get to see the solo twins or Luke really became one of the most powerful jedi. 

Honestly, with how terrible the sequels were handled, they left a lot on the table. Who’s to say Luke didn’t become the most powerful Jedi? His story, like everyone else’s was half-butted in the sequels.

His use of a Force Projection in TLJ, which was taken from Legends, is something we haven’t seen in canon. Clone Wars and Rebels provided us with very powerful Sith, Jedi and force wielders and none were capable of mastering the force projection. 

There was a lot of garbage in Legends along with the good stuff. With the right people at the helm, the good stuff can be introduced into canon in a way that makes sense. I have hope. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

15 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:
17 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

That's the one that's not articulated, right?  I haven't seen they've done a life-size articulated version yet which kind of shocks me.  Usually Sideshow is all over everything high-end in the statue and action figure arena.

Yea this is the standard Sideshow version that I ordered when the initial wave of Mandalorian merch went up, but there's a Hot Toys one for pre-order now thats posable and has interchangeable hands and ears but he's like $450 whereas I think this one was $275 when it first came out

Oh, missed that.  You mean this one?

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-hot-toys-905871

Usually Sideshow says exactly how many points of articulation a figure has, but this one just says "a wide range of articulations."  I'm guessing that actually means the range isn't so wide.  :blush:

51 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Oh, missed that.  You mean this one?

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-child-hot-toys-905871

Usually Sideshow says exactly how many points of articulation a figure has, but this one just says "a wide range of articulations."  I'm guessing that actually means the range isn't so wide.  :blush:

Yea I'm gonna say he has 7 MAYBE 9 points of articulation max

After the Season 2 finale of The Mandalorian on Disney+, Star Wars fans were left with a lot of confusion regarding Season 3 and the shocking announcement of The Book of Boba Fett, but now it sounds like we finally have some answers. A new report indicates that The Book of Boba Fett, set to debut in 2021, is actually separate from The Mandalorian Season 3 and comes from the same creative team of Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, who are also producing the upcoming Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic series coming to Disney+.

The report from Variety indicates that Star Wars is expanding on the streaming service with hopes of mimicking the success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These three additional Star Wars series spinning out of The Mandalorian will all co-exist in the same timeline, reportedly building to an event where they will all come together; the plan sounds similar to the build up of Marvel's Avengers or even Defenders on Netflix.

The Book of Boba Fett was not officially announced during Disney's Investor Day 2020, where many new projects were officially confirmed to be going into production soon. Instead, the rumored project was confirmed with a surprising post-credits scene that indicated the series would release in 2021. Disney also confirmed The Mandalorian Season 3 would also release in 2021.

This made fans wonder whether Din Djarin and Baby Yoda, ahem, Grogu would be taking the year off, and the new season would focus on Boba Fett's adventures on Tatooine for the future. Fortunately, it looks like fans will be getting two different Star Wars shows in 2021, both building up toward an epic crossover.

This is good for everyone wondering about Grogu's future after he went off with Luke Skywalker. The Season 2 finale of The Mandalorian provided an epic reveal of the Jedi Master, but fans are curious to learn if Grogu is too impacted by his emotions to be trained in the ways of the Force.

"Well, I’m definitely not going to share any guesses, because I know," said director Bryce Dallas Howard in an interview with Digital Spy. "But what I will say is that, for me, the joy of working with Baby Yoda is that, yes, it’s an intoxicatingly cute, adorable being, but you can only play that note so many times, right? That was a wonderful part of the journey for Mando and Baby in Season One, but in Season Two, there's an opportunity for the character of Baby – who, by the way, is not a baby; who is, according to human years, fully middle-aged. But to understand: 'OK, who is this being?' And it’s not just binary."

The Mandalorian Season 3 and The Book of Boba Fett are both scheduled to release on Disney+ in 2021.

How Disney and Lucasfilm Are Remaking Star Wars in the Image of Marvel Studios

The day Disney acquired Lucasfilm in 2012, the company wasted no time making clear what it was buying for $4.05 billion, announcing three new Star Wars movies were already in the works. In a shareholder call the day the deal was announced, then-CEO Robert Iger laid out the company’s ambitions: “Our long-term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years.”

Eight years later, it’s fair to say that Disney’s ambitions for the Star Wars franchise are a fair shade greater, with at least 10 different series in the works for Disney Plus. Most were announced last week during the company’s epic investors day presentation; the latest, about fan favorite character Boba Fett, was announced at the end of the post-credits teaser for the Season 2 finale of the first live action Star Wars TV series, “The Mandalorian.”

If that sounds familiar, it’s because it’s a franchise-building tactic that’s been used for over a decade to astronomically lucrative effect by Lucasfilm’s corporate sibling, Marvel Studios.

It’s also Lucasfilm’s second attempt to copy it.

Many of the new Star Wars series for Disney Plus announced over the past week center around familiar characters: The Boba Fett and Obi-Wan spin-off movies have been reborn as streaming series; Diego Luna is headlining a “Rogue One” prequel series called “Andor”; Justin Simien (“Dear White People”) is developing a Lando Calrissian series; and Lucasfilm Animation and Industrial Light and Magic are making an animated series about R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Crucially, Lucasfilm is also adopting the full Marvel format by interlocking “The Book of Boba Fett,” “Ahsoka” and “Rangers of the New Republic” within the timeline established by “The Mandalorian.” All these series will be executive produced by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, the two figures at Lucasfilm who, even more than Kennedy, now come closest to holding the kind of overarching vision so famously employed by Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige. And they all will, in the stodgy language of Disney’s investors day announcement, “culminate in a climactic story event.” In other words, Lucasfilm is aiming for its own “Avengers.”

On 12/19/2020 at 5:35 PM, AJLewandoski said:

debating about picking up the sideshow beskar armor Mando with  two baby yodas... deluxe edition... what do you think?  overpriced or good?

@Buzzetta  what do you think?    

This will probably be the only mando figure I will have in my office, so wanted something nice.

12 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

debating about picking up the sideshow beskar armor Mando with  two baby yodas... deluxe edition... what do you think?  overpriced or good?

@Buzzetta  what do you think?    

This will probably be the only mando figure I will have in my office, so wanted something nice.

I definitely think in the quality to price range you won't find anything nicer. I have the Vision, Thanos, and Doctor Strange Marvel Hot Toys and the posability and accuracy of the figures put anything else to shame. All the clothes are sewn fabric, all the armor is individual pieces, it has a slew of accessories and interchangeable parts, **2 GROGU** and the display base with the deluxe is a lot of bang for your buck. 

Anyone can buy a 6 inch Hasbro Black Series Mando for $35 if you just want to look at the vague shape of the character, but it sounds like youre looking for one impressive piece to represent how much you like the entire series so I'd say you're much better off going with the Hot Toy. My 2c anyway (and they do timed payments so you can pay it off in chunks by the time it ships rather than throwing it all down at once)

19 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

I definitely think in the quality to price range you won't find anything nicer. I have the Vision, Thanos, and Doctor Strange Marvel Hot Toys and the posability and accuracy of the figures put anything else to shame. All the clothes are sewn fabric, all the armor is individual pieces, it has a slew of accessories and interchangeable parts, **2 GROGU** and the display base with the deluxe is a lot of bang for your buck. 

Anyone can buy a 6 inch Hasbro Black Series Mando for $35 if you just want to look at the vague shape of the character, but it sounds like youre looking for one impressive piece to represent how much you like the entire series so I'd say you're much better off going with the Hot Toy. My 2c anyway (and they do timed payments so you can pay it off in chunks by the time it ships rather than throwing it all down at once)

Yes,  that's a good point. I'll probably do Time payments. By the way, did your hot toys retain value or did they drop?

12 hours ago, I like pie said:

A bit off topic but are there places/people that do custom statues/busts commissions for superhero and comic book characters?

I think the best way to get something custom like that would be to have it 3D printed and painted. You can make requests for someone to model something for you on Shapeways forums, or if you want to look at stuff thats premodeled you can go to Thingiverse. I've used it once or twice before to get prop replicas made for cosplays. I don't know if they do painting or not, but I'm sure that would cost extra. I would imagine a large bust or custom posed statues of any size would cost quite a bit of money.

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Yes,  that's a good point. I'll probably do Time payments. By the way, did your hot toys retain value or did they drop?

They usually go up because they dont get re-released after they sell out. They will make new iterations when new content comes out, but those usually have new accessories or outfits to justify them making another version. I've never looked,  but after checking it seems mine appreciated between $60-$100 each.