• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:
23 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

There is a buddhist practice where in a monk's perfection, they're literally able to manipulate the atomic structure of their body into energy. I remember seeing a documented video of a monk doing this & his body was almost completely gone. 

I understand that

61320669.jpg

Your body breaks food down into energy & waste. A Jedi or monk accelerating that process of converting matter back into atoms, doesn't sound crazy to me. They've always used machines to portray this in Star Trek. Machines operate using pulses or frequencies of electricity, just like the mind does with thought to operate the body. They were able to accelerate their atoms using the power of their mind. Does it seem any less crazy than us sending video & audio at great distances using a few pulses of electricity from our phones? The mind is like a quantum computer & can produce or tune into any frequency, we just haven't mastered it. The force they speak of in Star Wars is the EMF (electromagnetic field) within every atom that can reconstitute matter into different states. Do you remember when the kids thought it was a babies game to play the arcade with their hands in Back to the Future II? It's because society had evolved to the point where people could do it with their minds. I believe anything is possible, if you know the process.

There Hindu scriptures speak of humans having mystic powers but that our consciousness devolved & have many stories similar to Star Wars.

When the atheists, after being well versed in the Vedic scientific knowledge, annihilate inhabitants of different planets, flying unseen in the sky on well-built rockets prepared by the great scientist Maya, the Lord will bewilder their minds by dressing Himself attractively as Buddha and will preach on subreligious principles.

Srimad Bhagavatam 2.7.37

My avatar is the half man half lion incarnation Narasimhadeva that appeared from a pillar to kill a tyrant much worse than Palpatine/Sidious a few million years ago. The latest incarnation was the golden avatar Caitanya Mahaprabhu who appeared 500 years ago & I believe was acknowledged as an easter egg in RotJ when the Ewoks met c3po. The name Caitanya is actually Sanskrit for "the living force", which seems like a hidden tribute to the incarnation & franchise in my opinion. He was actually known as the hidden incarnation as well. Matter is known as Maya in the Vedas, which is Sanskrit for magic or illusion. Just consider that atoms are interchangeable like the pixels on your screen.

Edited by chezmtghut

Wish we had gotten SOMETHING about Grogu's background.  The name of his species, how he ended up on Coruscant, how much interaction did he have with Yoda and Yaddle (he MUST have seen one or both), how did he escape Order 66, etc.

57 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Wish we had gotten SOMETHING about Grogu's background.  The name of his species, how he ended up on Coruscant, how much interaction did he have with Yoda and Yaddle (he MUST have seen one or both), how did he escape Order 66, etc.

Ahsoka gave a very brief background of Grogu. The Jedi were killed during order 66 but it appears some children were kept for experimentations. Since their minds are still developing & they haven’t mastered their powers, it’s easier to control them. I believe they’re using the strong emf’s in Grogu’s blood to power their machines more efficiently. 

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

emotion01.gif.9a34817dd4633211a87c485aafb9b5c8.gif

1 hour ago, chezmtghut said:

The Jedi were killed during order 66 but it appears some children were kept for experimentations.

Where was this established?  Ahsoka definitely didn't say it--was it during the Rebels or Resistance series they said that?

from the Mandalorain episode The Jedi-verbatim

Ahsoka---He was raised at the Jedi temple on Coruscant. Many Masters trained him over the years. At the end of the Clone Wars when the Empire rose to power, he was hidden. Someone took him from the temple. Then his memory becomes.... dark. He seemed lost. Alone. I've known only one other being like this, a wise Jedi Master named Yoda.

8 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Where was this established?  Ahsoka definitely didn't say it--was it during the Rebels or Resistance series they said that?

I said it appears some children were kept for experimentation & I inferred this from the fact someone took Grogu from the temple on Coruscant where he was hidden & that his memories likely became dark due to those experiments. Moff Gideon was clearly familiar with Grogu's powers at the end of episode 6 & had likely been experimenting on other Jedi youths. I wasn't making a quote.

The recording of Dr. Pershing to Moff Gideon also mentions them running out of their initial supply of Grogu's blood & that he doubts they will find another donor with a higher M count. This implies they have been performing these experiments on others for a while in my opinion & Jedi would have higher Midi-chlorian counts in their blood than others. I hope my conclusions make more sense with that added context.

8 hours ago, fett said:

from the Mandalorain episode The Jedi-verbatim

Ahsoka---He was raised at the Jedi temple on Coruscant. Many Masters trained him over the years. At the end of the Clone Wars when the Empire rose to power, he was hidden. Someone took him from the temple. Then his memory becomes.... dark. He seemed lost. Alone. I've known only one other being like this, a wise Jedi Master named Yoda.

Edited by chezmtghut

Not hard to figure out what my son wanted this year. The child is pretty lifelike in its movements and has been freaking out my father-in-law for the last 24 hours. 85BA0541-7083-41F7-A5D6-1AEF6B1B7587.thumb.jpeg.7fa46172f5564ab78122abfa68a0cfd8.jpeg

Edited by awakeintheashes

finished season 2 last night. Favreau was able to do in 5 minutes what 3 sequels could not. He gave me the Luke I've been wanting to see for 37 years.

He even added a super excited R2D2 that my inner child fell in love with.

And to top it all off, a Boba Fett that only existed in my living room. A complete and total bad @greggy (is this considered masking?)

Edited by jsilverjanet