• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

By the way, this was a fantastic episode all around. This show is exactly what Star Wars needed!

+1 great episode.

Nice to see that Finn wasn’t the only storm trooper conflicted about the empire/first order’s mission. I know Rebels showed some of this with the ST cadets but nice to see. 

Also, cool to see Mando learning on the fly how to fight without his armor.

I gotta say, this series is redeeming my faith in the Star Wars franchise. It just continues to deliver and deliver!

Spoiler

"The Believer" is the first episode with no Baby Yoda appearance! And yet it still hits all the right notes.

Mando having to fend off attackers with no beskar or nifty gadgets, yet he still comes through! Bill Burr (name?) plays it great - fits and delivers so well! And Mando made the ultimate sacrifice to get what he needed to find Grogu!

And OMG, did ya'll get the hat-tip to Office Space.... "TPS reports"!?? LOL ya' did it you genius bastards - you actually went and did it! Literally screamed and laughed at the same time from that line!!  :grin:

Five frickin stars - so much win, and yet so few episodes left for the season!

6 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

So...thinking about the finale. Do we get a cliffhanger cameo from

Reveal hidden contents

Ezra,

Reveal hidden contents

Cal Kestis,

Someone else, or nobody? 

Place your bets at the window. 

Spoiler

Thrawn?

11 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

So...thinking about the finale. Do we get a cliffhanger cameo from

Hide contents

Ezra,

Hide contents

Cal Kestis,

Someone else, or nobody? 

Place your bets at the window. 

I think the band is together at this point. I’ll be surprised if we get another cameo of someone we haven’t seen yet. But you never know. 

57 minutes ago, Rip said:

I'm thinking we get Thrawn plus someone else from Canon that Baby Yoda reached out to.

But I don't think they will reveal Ezra yet.

Yeah, I think we get Thrawn who acts as the thread that ties Mando, Ahsoka and Rangers together. My biggest question with this is how they do so in such a manner that it wouldn't be referenced in the sequel debacles. With him being mentioned this season, one could assume he's alive and would have likely played a role in the formation of the First Order. Were we just dealing with First Order bureaucrats the whole time?

I also think they reveal who the child connected with. But no idea who. If they did go with Cal Kestis, they would have to recast the character or age Cameron Monaghan 20 years. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

48 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, I think we get Thrawn who acts as the thread that ties Mando, Ahsoka and Rangers together. My biggest question with this is how they do so in such a manner that it wouldn't be referenced in the sequel debacles. With him being mentioned this season, one could assume he's alive and would have likely played a role in the formation of the First Order. Were we just dealing with First Order bureaucrats the whole time?

I also think they reveal who the child connected with. But no idea who. If they did go with Cal Kestis, they would have to recast the character or age Cameron Monaghan 20 years. 

Agree that we find out who Baby Yoda connected to. I’m guessing maybe a similar reveal at the end of the chapter to Captain Marvel post-credits on Infinity War? I doubt we see Thrawn only because it seems like he will be the villain for Ahsoka’s series, no need to use him just yet. It’s really hard to predict as they did a great job keeping things secret for this season.  

I thought about this some more...

If anyone remembers from the sequels - Snoke had an apprentice before Kylo Ren. I don't think this apprentice has been revealed or explored. Based on a quick google search I haven't seen anyone discussing this, but an outside guess is that maybe Snoke connected with the Child.

Snoke wasn't a Sith and spent much of his early life seeking arcane and ancient lore and discovering many truths about the force. I guess it's possible he was in tune with the force enough and knew of the ancient places and relics to tap into any communication the Child was sending out. 

I don't think this is what happens, but it's my throwing-S-against-the-wall theory...Grogu becomes Snoke's first apprentice....which would essentially be who Darth Sidious was grooming to take over before learning of Ben Solo. It wouldn't be the first time Sidious offed an apprentice to take on a new one (Dooku, almost Vader in ROTJ).

Edited by awakeintheashes

I loved seeing that footage, thanks for posting it.  What gets me every time is the music...I give John Williams fully half the credit for the success of Star Wars and its sequels; everyone else splits the other half.  There's really nothing quite like that score.

Dna