• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What method do you use to most efficiently post books in the selling forum?

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys, do you have an easy to follow method for posting a fairly large quantity of books on a thread? In the past my approach has been clunky at best. What websites do you use to upload to and copy/paste links quickly? Do you use spreadsheets to organize? Show me path of least resistance. :P

One evening, I'll sit down, grade the books, and list them on a spreadsheet. I'll check Overstreet, GPA if relevant, determine my asking price and add that to the spreadsheet. I make a column for the buyer name and the actual sell price.

I scan and upload to Imgur. Then disappoint myself by losing money on books.

Hey guys, do you have an easy to follow method for posting a fairly large quantity of books on a thread? In the past my approach has been clunky at best. What websites do you use to upload to and copy/paste links quickly? Do you use spreadsheets to organize? Show me path of least resistance. :P

Imgur is your friend. :headbang:

I use google drive to organize everything. I created a template folder which contains all templates for a sale. This includes a spreadsheet (google sheets) with each books grade, sales averages (gpa, eBay), offer price etc. A spreadsheet template used to record invoice information per user (agreed price, shipping discounts, PayPal id, status of last communication). A sub folder used for images etc. whenever I want to start a new sale I copy the template folder, rename it to the date of the sale. It's a convenient way to keep track of information and having it on google drive means you can access (and edit) all assets from anywhere on any device. In PayPal I also create invoice templates. That's the long version of a short story.

Honestly, I have always felt imgur to be really glitchy.  I used it to upload screenshots of game play for a blog and when the pictures amassed, I decided to break it down to folders.  Pictures were lost and while some folders remained intact with content, other folders became empty.  The pictures were either deleted by the system and moved back to the large main area where it was difficult to find in the first place.  In my opinion, the system had a terrible tagging issue and pictures while may not be deleted were retagged and impossible to find.  My advice is to set up a folder system before you start uploading pictures.  Don't get me started on the hard time I had navigating the interface either.  Uploading seemed to be different all the time.  Most of the time, I had to upload all the pics to the main area and then move them into the folder.  Not a friendly platform for me at all.

Someone here recommended postimage.org and I haven't looked back since.  But I haven't sold on forums lately.  So I am not sure if it will help with bulk listing.