• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 GA Goals

63 posts in this topic

My goal for 2017 is to say "Congrats on a great pick-up! (thumbs u " as many times as possible.

Get me my cheap book you said you would and you can :popcorn:

books are still cheap?? #missedthatboat

#positivity

general goals are as such:

1) consolidate the collection a bit into fewer higher quality books focusing on GA DC keys - preferably superheroes that DC still is actively narrating in contemporary comic books.

2) on the Marvel side, do what I can to pickup VG+ Schomburg cover books featuring the Torch, Subby in whichever book they're featured in (and still keep some budget together)

3) get a girlfriend and maybe leave the apartment would be nice

and specific books

-Would like to finally get a copy of Police Comics #1 - that book has been tough tough tough.

-Also an unrestored Plastic Man #1 (1943) would be great. This book is undervalued, cool and I missed a few sales this year.

-Sub-Mariner #11. Too much awesomeness with this book.

-Sub-Mariner #13 would like to get nice mid-grade hopefully at auction.

-All-American Comics #17 mid-grade

Pick up at least one more Harvey pocket sized issue and at least one more MLJ.

Well you and I seem to share similar interests in AWESOME books brother!! I just got a pretty sweet MLJ knocked off of the list tonight...Great way to ring in 2017 with a Bang!! :acclaim:

31229527413_f7c4b831a3_o.jpg

Congrats on a great pick-up Gino! (thumbs u

:headbang::acclaim: thanks brother!! Great way to pad those post counts and make people smile. Two birds!!!

Well you and I seem to share similar interests in AWESOME books brother!! I just got a pretty sweet MLJ knocked off of the list tonight...Great way to ring in 2017 with a Bang!! :acclaim:

:applause: Cool pick up Gino. Only three years ago, you could get a 6.5 for the price your copy went for last night on some eBay 'Buy it Now' listings. (Ah, regrets..)! Congrats! HNY!

Thanks Corey!! Yeah i think mine may be an outlier price but who knows maybe more of an entry point price i may not ever recoup my investment but i don't really care it will make me smile!! It is a pretty cool key in the grand scheme IMO. I'm super curious as to what the Mile High will bring here in a couple months!! Any predictions- mine is more than $700 i will at least be sure of that ;):grin:

1. Complete my Marvel Mystery Comics #1-66 run (5 more to go!).

2. Buy a few more Hitler covers for my collection (half way finished).

3. Buy more OA.

About where I am ... but, unfortunately, I still have the tougher half to go.

Congrats on a great pick-up Gino! (thumbs u

:headbang::acclaim: thanks brother!! Great way to pad those post counts and make people smile. Two birds!!!

I like how Mr. Justice looks like a hybrid of The Phantom and The Spectre.

Finish complete runs all CGC graded issues of America's Best Comics (done), Black Terror (done), Exciting Comics (need one issue), Fighting Yank (done), Startling Comics (need one issue), Thrilling Comics (done), and Wonder Comics (done).

So just two issues lacking and not higher priced, just cannot seem locate them anywhere but I continue to search.

Finish complete runs all CGC graded issues of America's Best Comics (done), Black Terror (done), Exciting Comics (need one issue), Fighting Yank (done), Startling Comics (need one issue), Thrilling Comics (done), and Wonder Comics (done).

So just two issues lacking and not higher priced, just cannot seem locate them anywhere but I continue to search.

That's more like a life goal than a 2017 goal for me. :headbang:

I drool over your My Slabbed Comics page Nedor runs. Quite the accomplishment sir! I'm surprised there isn't an active regularly bumped Nedor Thread considering the Schomburg factor (shrug)