• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which books would you purchase for $3000?

32 posts in this topic

Just gauging people's opinion on what comic/comics would you purchase for $3000 that would hold value over the next 5 years. Limit to one comic with a maximum of 3, if possible.

I might have this money available if I decide to sell a few of my CGC books I have.

I'd think most big marvel keys (X-Men 1, DD 1, Avengers 1) will hold up in value over the next 5 years. They may not blow up in price but if the goal is to just hold value then there is plenty to choose from.

Maybe a copy of Vampirella #1 or 'Tec 359 in the nicest grade I can get?

Really hard to say with this one. As hard as it is for me to say, I've pretty much acquired all the books I really want. At this point, I'm just looking for any good deals that sort of rears it's head. Nothing specific. I.e. this past week I picked up a cheap copy 9.6 copy of Starslayer #2 (double-cover). Always liked Rocketeer and Dave Stevens, but I certainly wasn't actively searching for this book. It sort of just fell into my lap.

If you're strictly looking at resale value, Hulk 181. For 3K you can get a nice copy.

I like what Oakland (sic) said as well (ie the Marvel SA keys), but 3K isn't getting you an AF15 even in .5 or a Hulk 1 in same.

Fantastic Four #1 is a mega key that you can still get in collectible grade for that (2.0-2.5).

Daredevil #1 is still undervalued.

If you're strictly looking at resale value, Hulk 181. For 3K you can get a nice copy.

I like what Oakland (sic) said as well (ie the Marvel SA keys), but 3K isn't getting you an AF15 even in .5 or a Hulk 1 in same.

Fantastic Four #1 is a mega key that you can still get in collectible grade for that (2.0-2.5).

Daredevil #1 is still undervalued.

IH181 was the first thing to come to my mind.