• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New 30 and 35 Marvel Cent Variant site

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I made a little blog for us to discuss 30 and 35 cent variants on. It will also have a collection of the past week's ebay sales and stuff of that sort too. The url is http://3035centvariants.blogspot.com . If you've got any ideas of what you want on the site, post there or here on the cgc message board.

Hey guys... I know a guy in Birmingham who has an X-men $106 variant in fine, but he wants $200 for it. That's a little much, right?

you tell me:

forum member, kspyder's 106 auction!

screwy.gif

At some point though collectors are going to have to concede that these prices arent insane anymore just a result of supply/demand. We are starting to see consistent high prices for all 3 of these X-men books. As a X-men enthusiast myself I can relate. Just in the last few months saw these prices listed below on some X 35 centers. Heck somebody I know got off dirt cheap at $150 for their 106 a few months back. flowerred.gif

X-men 107-$500

X-men 105- $1,020

X-men 106 $500

Hey guys... I know a guy in Birmingham who has an X-men $106 variant in fine, but he wants $200 for it. That's a little much, right?

you tell me:

screwy.gif

At some point though collectors are going to have to concede that these prices arent insane anymore just a result of supply/demand. We are starting to see consistent high prices for all 3 of these X-men books. As a X-men enthusiast myself I can relate. Just in the last few months saw these prices listed below on some X 35 centers. Heck somebody I know got off dirt cheap at $150 for their 106 a few months back. flowerred.gif

X-men 107-$500

X-men 105- $1,020

X-men 106 $500

Hey Robert flowerred.gif--

For the record, I just got a 105, and that 106 was the most expensive. So anyone tracking Ebay could see I won the 106 for $157. What they could not see is that since then, I have purchased a 107 for $150, and last week a 105 for $150. And no, they were not hidden, and the seller knew what they were.

I am done with X-men variants. Good riddance.

I still think the prices on ebay are anomalies, but what do I know? What do I care, I have them now......I hope they start going through the roof.

I am done with X-men variants.

acclaim.gif Congratulation on those X-Men, that #107 took me quite a while I am glade you got them thumbsup2.gif.

frown.gif Now you have those Star Wars variants to deal with they had me Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif and frustrated.giffrustrated.gif with the prices those were going for and it is worse now but at least theirs alot of the #1's coming up for sale now 893crossfingers-thumb.gif good luck.

you tell me:

screwy.gif

X-men 107-$500

X-men 105- $1,020

X-men 106 $500

Hey Robert flowerred.gif--

For the record, I just got a 105, and that 106 was the most expensive. So anyone tracking Ebay could see I won the 106 for $157. What they could not see is that since then, I have purchased a 107 for $150, and last week a 105 for $150. And no, they were not hidden, and the seller knew what they were.

I am done with X-men variants. Good riddance.

I still think the prices on ebay are anomalies, but what do I know? What do I care, I have them now......I hope they start going through the roof.

CONGRATS on the 105 893applaud-thumb.gif and 107 893applaud-thumb.gif. Really the 107 is the only one I care to have anymore of the 3 it seems to be the rarest. Strange thing about it is that 106 should be the rarest by far for the fact that it was basically a fill in book done by Bob Brown and Bill Mantlo. I am unsure of how they viewed the print run though just guess work on my part.

Once I finish my X-men and Avengers sets I too am done. I am glad you are finish with the X books now I dont have to listen to you moan about them anymore. 27_laughing.gif X collectors are insane seriously. The more I meet at conventions the more concrete I become in that opinion. They fork out cash for books with the X on it like I have ever seen. Wait till Wizard(the magazine for the fool hearted collector.) does a large article on the variants.(If they havent already.) Thats all it should take. Will c what this beat up variant brings in next week as its my replacement copy.

BTW I am about 75% sure I am heading to Chicago in August for the Big Convention up there. PM anything you want me to look for and grades they must be in if you want. I find variant collectors are very generous flowerred.gif if you find a book they have been looking for sometimes. grin.gif

CONGRATS on the 105 893applaud-thumb.gif and 107 893applaud-thumb.gif. Really the 107 is the only one I care to have anymore of the 3 it seems to be the rarest. Strange thing about it is that 106 should be the rarest by far for the fact that it was basically a fill in book done by Bob Brown and Bill Mantlo. I am unsure of how they viewed the print run though just guess work on my part.

Once I finish my X-men and Avengers sets I too am done. I am glad you are finish with the X books now I dont have to listen to you moan about them anymore. 27_laughing.gif X collectors are insane seriously. The more I meet at conventions the more concrete I become in that opinion. They fork out cash for books with the X on it like I have ever seen. Wait till Wizard(the magazine for the fool hearted collector.) does a large article on the variants.(If they havent already.) Thats all it should take. Will c what this beat up variant brings in next week as its my replacement copy.

BTW I am about 75% sure I am heading to Chicago in August for the Big Convention up there. PM anything you want me to look for and grades they must be in if you want. I find variant collectors are very generous flowerred.gif if you find a book they have been looking for sometimes. grin.gif

Can I still whine about that one other book with the third rate loser villian chump in a second rate got canceled one issue later loser hero book.....right?

Ok- I think you all have convinced me - I'll be picking that X-men 106 later this week. I'll post a scan on my blog.

As for content on the blog, cosmic-spiderman has been really helpful and pointed me some info he and some other board members compiled, and I will have summaries of this info and links to the actual posts on the site sometime tommorow. I will, in case anyone is wondering, make sure that I receive no credit for compiling this data and I will make sure it is known that this is the work of others.

I'll also be posting a summary of this past week's ebay variant auctions- do any of you all have a preference for the day that they end on? I think tuesday or Wednesday would be easier for me. Besides, by that time the Sunday night auctions are a memory and we are all looking forward to the next weekends smile.gif.

If anybody has any questions or info or suggestions they would like on the blog, please pm me, e-mail me at veronesepk@gmail.com, or post on the blog. I want the site to be as much you all's as mine, and your input will be greatfully appreciated.

Once again- thanks for the advice on the X-men #106 and I'll post and update some tommorow- Keith