• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,639 posts in this topic

Got this one back as well:

jumbo12790oww.jpg

Two outstanding books.

:applause:

:applause:

They are wonderful.

Those Fiction House cover artists sure hated to draw feet.

Jack

Don't paws and claws count? (shrug)

Depends on the women you've dated

Didn't know where to post this (shrug)

Today I received a complete story OA from the Philippines from the '90's ... what's that got to do with Fiction House, you'll ask.

I love the flower print fabric girls are very often likely to wear in the pages of Fiction House books and you'll see that in the 2 splashs of this story (the story was run in 2 installments).

I like it :) and that's why I bought them.

So, am I the only one to have vision of FH from these pages?

86713.jpg.af6497e6e10c7ef997d69cf68ba4b0d4.jpg

86714.jpg.eb6e51c1c9722e613072996b999989c2.jpg

Today I received a complete story OA from the Philippines from the '90's ... what's that got to do with Fiction House, you'll ask.

I love the flower print fabric girls are very often likely to wear in the pages of Fiction House books and you'll see that in the 2 splashs of this story (the story was run in 2 installments).

Looks very Fiction House-ish to me (thumbs u

That's funny... a few months ago, I spent the better part of an hour looking at lots of Filipino original art from an ebay seller. I'm sure it was the same seller & artist as your pages here. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it, but I thought it was really nice!

That's funny... a few months ago, I spent the better part of an hour looking at lots of Filipino original art from an ebay seller. I'm sure it was the same seller & artist as your pages here. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it, but I thought it was really nice!

Yeah. Not much downside risk on this purchase. It's a complete 9 page story for below $7 a page including shipping from Singapore and the story sports competent art. The other reason I went ahead and bought it is that I wanted to have a complete story. I can't barely get a sketch from most modern artists at a con what I paid for this entire story or double what I paid for popular artists.

More pages -

86721.jpg.d897bfdc469158fbfd6a70ab419e5d69.jpg

86722.jpg.462f9b5d36cc7545ad4ac966087b2e13.jpg

86723.jpg.a3b6c7eef4bf5c78fe84f988aade00d5.jpg

Sorry, but not Fiction House-ish to me. More like non-hero 1970s DC stuff (which is also pretty darn cool).

That splash page is crying out to be framed and hung.