• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,655 posts in this topic

Read this today. The book was published this month. Nice job by Trina and Anne to cover Lily's life up to her starting her career in comics, in particular her tribulations in coming to America.

I am also posting my favorite page of the comics in which Lily is sketching, drawing and inking Senorita Rio for the cover to Fight Comics # 47 (see my copy below).

118920.jpg.396f8ffe9b56b5a6784ae90f92fc5f98.jpg

118921.jpg.b7160d3d8c9c79316b911499403cf840.jpg

118922.jpg.b49adc1dd85e7c5dbb6ee7fbdca2b465.jpg

I like that you posted the FH pulps!

Good tip on the Renee comic. (thumbs u

Read this today. The book was published this month. Nice job by Trina and Anne to cover Lily's life up to her starting her career in comics, in particular her tribulations in coming to America.

I am also posting my favorite page of the comics in which Lily is sketching, drawing and inking Senorita Rio for the cover to Fight Comics # 47 (see my copy below).

Thanks for posting this.

I had no idea it even existed. I am certain it is an interresting read.

:applause:

Though not as nice, I present another late Fiction House: Kaänga # 16.

Unlike most issues of Kaänga that reprints Kaänga stories from Jungle Comics issues circa # 50-ish / 60-ish, this one appears to have a newly drawn story by Whitman.

119779.jpg.e52595ae3a733112be2447d350dc27f7.jpg

Very tough end of the run issue. (thumbs u

jumbo165.jpg

Yes, a tough one. The only one I've run across was the copy that kept being listed over and over on eBay about 3 or 4 years back. Apart from that, nada. Congrats.

Some recent books in.

Rangers from the boards. Thanks Tom :thumbsup:. The Wings from eBay (maybe from a board member? :shrug: ) I've been wanting the Rangers badly ever since Alanna posted his 8.5 IIRC so I jumped on the copy listed here.

119916.jpg.675f5cf310f3a635b7c685df5cb4c544.jpg

119917.jpg.7ac980365cccd7683b2ed378d991c09e.jpg

Sharp colors on that Rangers 16, I probably would have grabbed that one if you hadn't. We definitely have similar taste Scrooge-beautiful books as always. (thumbs u

Thanks! I can see that from your Want List in your sig. Getting the 16 was funny since I had gotten the 6 & 26 from Tom earlier last year from the same collection and only now do I realize that this means I bought 6, 16, and 26 from him. Doesn't mean anything but it's fun to see.

Plus, the 16 helps me round out the 10's for the Rangers run. I now have 10, 12 - 18 and am only missing 11 and 19. It also means I need to get started on the tough 20's on the run.

Yeah, the 20's are rough for sure, but that's all part of the fun, right? The toughest part is finding copies with decent eye appeal. I realyl think that high grade Fiction House, especially with bright colors, should command a bit more attention than they do.

Here's one I don't think you get to see too often.

Fight11.jpg

You are right, don't see it that often especially in 9.4 :o

Very nice.

Killer! :applause:

This was done in a classic illustration style -- I would love to have seen Eisner illustrate a book like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.