• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BA Batman!

496 posts in this topic

great books Nearmint...I too have just started the same run, only starting at #400 instead of 401, I'm curious as to why you wouldn't also want #400, seeing that it's also an Adams cover... confused-smiley-013.gif

Sweet books, I'm going to start a Bronze Detective run once I finish with the Fantastic Four,Thor and Conan runs I'm putting together at the moment.

Love those Neal Adams covers, I'll be buying raw mid grade stuff. can't afford those high grade slabs frown.gif

great books Nearmint...I too have just started the same run, only starting at #400 instead of 401, I'm curious as to why you wouldn't also want #400, seeing that it's also an Adams cover... confused-smiley-013.gif

I've got my eye on a copy of #400. I'll post it if I end up picking it up.

I've got my eye on a copy of #400. I'll post it if I end up picking it up.

cool beans.. I know you'll get a real sweet copy... grin.gif

Reeeeeealy wanted that Tec 402, but not THAT badly......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6542341248&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

That Tec 402 came back up for auction. Looks like the buyer may not have been satisfied with the grade. It ended too high for me again though, especially since it was the second time listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Detective-Comics-402...1QQcmdZViewItem

it's hard to get a good deal from jscomics. I think I've returned a book or two in my time. That and the bidding frenzy.

I'm fairly new to the Bronze Age market, I'm usually a Golden Age guy,...so I'm still feeling out the prices on Bronze...I bid on this auction what I thought was more than enough,... but alas I was beaten out, is it me, or is it getting harder and harder to win on eBay ??... even with setting a snipe..

I feel the same way lately. My best deals come from buy-it-now auctions that were listed within within a couple hours. Unforntunately this doesn't happen often. DC Horror, Batman and Detective have been crazy in high grade. A few big players in this category will bid whatever it takes to win. I am not able to do that so I put in a snipe that I can live with and hope for the best. Most dealers have caught on to the Horror demand and raised their prices. Harder and harder to find good deals. Hopefully this will bring out more inventory. Good luck.

I feel the same way lately. My best deals come from buy-it-now auctions that were listed within within a couple hours. Unforntunately this doesn't happen often. DC Horror, Batman and Detective have been crazy in high grade. A few big players in this category will bid whatever it takes to win. I am not able to do that so I put in a snipe that I can live with and hope for the best. Most dealers have caught on to the Horror demand and raised their prices. Harder and harder to find good deals. Hopefully this will bring out more inventory. Good luck.

Funny you say that, 'cuz I only buy two areas for the most part. DC horror and Batman/Detective. I like the HGs, but only when I can find a deal. Leave it to the other guys to pay through the nose for the graded copies. And yes, some of my best Ebay deals are also BINs that I can find just listed within the last few hours.

Looks like I am going to have to start combing the new BIN listings... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, but to find the deals you have to check often. There are a bunch of us out there waiting. If you work or are at home near a computer, keep checking every hour or as much as convenient. Be patient though, as the good ones don't come by often.

foreheadslap.gif The cat is out of the bag!!!

In all seriousness the first person that sees a good deal on a BIN is usually the buyer. I have lost several of these good deals because I took too long browsing the listing. Now if I see a steal I check the sellar rating, shipping cost and try not stare at the picture too long. Have to be quick on these as the competition for DC horror and Batman/Detective is tough. I landed what I believe to be a good deal the other day with some CGC Unexpecteds. I wanted to compare to GPA afterwards but sales data on this title is little as of now.

On this note, Last week a sellar had several horror books up with BIN. I thought they were reasonable prices and wish I had hit a few of them. Anyway, the ending prices ended up being more than the BIN. CRAZY

I say screw the price. If I need to fill that slot in my batman run I bid whatever to get it. Of course, I can't do that in goldenage stuff, just bronze. i'm not trying to be snobby, I just have a different perspective. I'm not reselling ( unless I upgrade), and my kids can sell them when I die ( hopefully not soon).

I say screw the price. If I need to fill that slot in my batman run I bid whatever to get it. Of course, I can't do that in goldenage stuff, just bronze. i'm not trying to be snobby, I just have a different perspective. I'm not reselling ( unless I upgrade), and my kids can sell them when I die ( hopefully not soon).

I can respect that. Some people are completionists and that's cool. If you can afford it then go for it. I'm just glad I can still be happy without owning full runs. Otherwise my wallet would be quite thin.

I agree with the whole 'screw the price' thing. It's just too painful to look back and say 'I should have bought it', but you didn't. When it's something you can't live without, there's no such thing as overpaying. Life's just too short.

Obviously, you can't do this all the time. But when I'm crusing ebay with intent, or at a con, I am always mentally prepared to blow the bank when something truly special pops up. If it takes six months afterwards to get level, so be it.

Shep

Hey jokersrevenge

I visited your Batman registry. That is a great collection you have going. I want to ask you a few questions.

When did you get serious about collecting high grade? What books are you finding the most difficult to get in high grade? I see that Batman 238 in 9.4 and higher is one of them. Where did most of the books come from? Are they from ebay/comiclink or did you submit them yourself?

I'm just curious as a collection like that is pretty darn cool.