• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

I'm 0 for 4 on my spur of the moment bids and the rest of the books of the night that I had my eye on are too strong for my blood. Good luck guys!

I was 3 for 6 last night, with two of the losses being lowballs that were outbid by one or two minimum increments. I've got a couple more I'll be looking at over the next few days (or maybe not, could have another way to spend that money...). Trying not to go crazy...

RAD18DB420161026_122150.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Some of the final prices definitely highlight the reason to not grade non key books. $50 for a 10 cent CGC 9.0 Blackhawk book seems like a waste since it cost a least $30 to get it graded. $31 for a CGC 9.0 Avengers 86 - that's pretty much giving away a beautiful book after deducting grading cost.

Some of the final prices definitely highlight the reason to not grade non key books. $50 for a 10 cent CGC 9.0 Blackhawk book seems like a waste since it cost a least $30 to get it graded. $31 for a CGC 9.0 Avengers 86 - that's pretty much giving away a beautiful book after deducting grading cost.

You ever looked on eBay? lol

I like to hope that people just miss stuff, and they really thought that 8.0 was a 9.2 but there was an interior tear or something they missed. Or these books were someone's first submission when they didn't know what they were doing. We've all been there. And with millions of books graded, and likely close to a million subs, if everyone has that weak submission or miss here or there that could account for them.

But yeah, if people are grading 7.0 non-keys on purpose then they're just costing themselves a lot of money.

And probably a sure loss once you factor in the shipping charges and the auction fees which you would have to pay. :tonofbricks: