• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

Wish I had some books being sold in this batch of auctions.  Everything is going for at least GPA across the board.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Wish I had some books being sold in this batch of auctions.  Everything is going for at least GPA across the board.

Yeah, my Cap 110 9.4 double cover really killed it. Went for $175 UNDER last GPA for a regular copy. 

I thought the ASM books realized some strong prices.  I was surprised and for a fleeting moment thought about selling off a few more undercopies. 

8 minutes ago, october said:

I just need to stop selling at auction. For every nice surprise there are five results that range from mediocre to just plain bad.

Yeah because although it may take way longer, someone will pay what you want if you keep it on a buy it now...and if it is nice to look at in the mean time....bonus! 

12 minutes ago, october said:

I just need to stop selling at auction. For every nice surprise there are five results that range from mediocre to just plain bad.

Only five?

1 hour ago, october said:
1 hour ago, Patriot6 said:

ouch

Probably the same case with all of the auctions.  :gossip:

It's just that everybody focuses in on the headline grabbing sales only and tends to forget about all of the other many results that fails to live up to expectations.   doh!

7 hours ago, october said:

Yeah, my Cap 110 9.4 double cover really killed it. Went for $175 UNDER last GPA for a regular copy. 

That's the only book I won last night.  Went 1 for 10

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I thought the ASM books realized some strong prices.  I was surprised and for a fleeting moment thought about selling off a few more undercopies. 

I think that had a lot more to do with the new pedigree than anything else. Some of those ped books were 25% (or more) over other copies in similar grades, and that was even before the auctions ended. I haven't logged back in to see where some of those books ended up. I was eyeing the #27 and #44 and both of those were well above what those books should have commanded in those grades, and they were lowly VF range copies.

Edited by mysterio

15 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I think that had a lot more to do with the new pedigree than anything else. Some of those ped books were 25% (or more) over other copies in similar grades, and that was even before the auctions ended. I haven't logged back in to see where some of those books ended up. I was eyeing the #27 and #44 and both of those were well above what those books should have commanded in those grades, and they were lowly VF range copies.

I watched books end for an hour and it seemed like almost every book was seeing a large snipe bump at the last second.  It's to be expected but there usually are a few that fall thru the cracks.  The ASM 9.8s seemed to have done very well.

15 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Not much chatter but that Action 23 is already going for 2.5x what the previous high water mark for a 6.5 sold for in 2013.  Haven't done that much comparison on other books but Supes (or Lex) is hot. 

That book has been going up exponentially for years. I think I sold my good looking 2.0 for $4K+ about two years ago.

2 hours ago, mysterio said:

I thought that even some of the non pedigrees were reaching strong prices.  I don't think ASM 17 in 7.5 or the ASM 50 were part of that run.