• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Mycomicshop.com is selling a copy at 9.0 for $375!

I sold a ASM 19 CGC 9.0 for $575 last month on the boards - a copy sold for $827 last night.  There is a copy up on E-Bay for $725.  Not much thought being put into some of the biddings last night.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I thought that even some of the non pedigrees were reaching strong prices.  I don't think ASM 17 in 7.5 or the ASM 50 were part of that run. 

I haven't had the time nor desire to go back and survey the final hammer prices for the bulk of the ASMs, but from the few I looked at I would agree with you. The pedigree books were super (sometimes stupidly) strong, but that rising tide seemed to lift all the boats in that part of the auction. Could be that the attention from the new pedigree brought bidders in on the other high grade books as well. Any way you slice it it was a great auction to be a seller of ASMs.

I've never put any bigger books up for auction because I'm always afraid they'll sell for much less than a Buy-it-Now.

At the same time, I don't like that I have to wait for my $$ to trickle in, one sale at a time.

Based on individual experiences, what's the ratio of books selling below GPA, at GPA or above GPA via auction??

Edited by Michelangelo

I wound up going after some Batman and won the 232 8.5 - after shipping and the buyers fee it will be slightly under the 90 day GPA.  It was a very nice looking 8.5 so I was happy.  I might win something else before this is over but I'm not for being a record holder unless I'm on the selling end. 

4 minutes ago, boatfund said:

I wound up going after some Batman and won the 232 8.5 - after shipping and the buyers fee it will be slightly under the 90 day GPA.  It was a very nice looking 8.5 so I was happy.  I might win something else before this is over but I'm not for being a record holder unless I'm on the selling end. 

Pay with a check and you won't pay the 3% buyer's fee.

3 minutes ago, boatfund said:

I probably will now that you suggested it, with my cc I get 1.5% back but I think more is better - thanks for suggesting that.

Yeah, I used to do similar math when I had a CC that paid cash back. But I was never able to justify making 1% while paying 3% extra. Plenty of times saving that 3% has paid for my shipping costs.

Edited by mysterio

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I sold a ASM 19 CGC 9.0 for $575 last month on the boards - a copy sold for $827 last night.  There is a copy up on E-Bay for $725.  Not much thought being put into some of the biddings last night.

I thought Rob Moore sold that book here, did you sell one too?

4 minutes ago, grebal said:

I thought Rob Moore sold that book here, did you sell one too?

Yep - it was a week or two before his copy sold. 

19 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

I've never put any bigger books up for auction because I'm always afraid they'll sell for much less than a Buy-it-Now.

At the same time, I don't like that I have to wait for my $$ to trickle in, one sale at a time.

Based on individual experiences, what's the ratio of books selling below GPA, at GPA or above GPA via auction??

Depends on the book. Generally speaking, run of the mill silver and bronze do not fare well. Expect a 15-30% GPA haircut. Scarcer comics, older genre books and esoteric stuff are hit or miss. They can bring strong money, or get overlooked. The cream of the crop, super high grade keys that don't often come up, classic covers, and well-known rarities bring strong money. 

Bottom line, unless the book is noteworthy you will likely do better setting a BIN and waiting. 

Unfortunately for myself, I am both lazy and impatient when it comes to selling. 

Looks like it's going to be a Ofer kind of night.  Thought I had a shot at one of the FF 4 books but I got blown away on the few I went after.