• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, comicquant said:

I had this book in the bag with 5 seconds to go then upon going to “my auction bids” to bask in the glory of my newest win I found out I lost it in those 5 seconds.  Congrats to the winner you have one of the best 9.6’s I’ve seen!  

407E3892-E8A3-4F28-A76A-2712711AAE1B.jpeg

That's a beauty 

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

You crafty dog !  It may just be me, but I think the books from this collection look much better than the numeric grade.

I've noticed this too.  They all look like they were printed yesterday.  I remember previewing the ASM's when they first went up on ComicLink and thinking they all looked under-graded.

1 hour ago, atomised said:

just bagged the Wonder Woman #9.  Came in well under gpa and what I was willing to pay for it so hey I'll have beer to that.  

ww9.jpg

Nice! I was still mulling that one over today, but I already got a decent haul and there are so many wantlist items coming up in November that all I can think is how I'm going to afford even a fraction of them.

Edited by Greenlake

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Nice, I missed that one:)  Congrats!

Thanks!  Giganta is cool and with that first Cheetah (Wonder Woman 6) getting rather expensive, this seems like still a well-priced villain key.

19 hours ago, atomised said:

just bagged the Wonder Woman #9.  Came in well under gpa and what I was willing to pay for it so hey I'll have beer to that.  

ww9.jpg

I wonder why they put "The Overstreet Price Guide lists this issue in the condition offered for $438."

When I see that and the bid is over $800 then of course I am going to be really turned off from bidding regardless of GPA.  Doesn't seem very useful to put in the description because then everything looks way overpriced.

9 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I thought the prices for the books I liked, in general, were a little soft in this auction.  I was happy to get 3 books I liked. 

That Patsy Walker was a good deal; to my eye the breaks in color on the cover blend in really well. I'd consider that an example a lower-grade keeper.

I agree that it seemed like there was more softness.

5 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

That Patsy Walker was a good deal; to my eye the breaks in color on the cover blend in really well. I'd consider that an example a lower-grade keeper.

I agree that it seemed like there was more softness.

Yeah, my bid was a couple hundred over the hammer price on that one.  

2 hours ago, LordRahl said:

I bid on this last week and as was discussed, got the error message as well. Was super bummed as my bid was quite a bit higher than the end price but since CL restarted the books, I managed to win it on the second go round :cloud9:

tos49.jpg

Congratulations!!  I won mine on ComicConnect back in May.

59dc33772500b_TalesofSuspense49CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.c2db9c54081abcb8bff0dda5754a2b08.jpg